Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kids these days!!

Georgia's new favorite saying is 'I need to tell you something!' or 'I need to show you something!'. It is so cute. I feel her vocabulary and dialogue has really increased this month. She speaks pretty clear but still quietly.. Usually! Lately when I take her use the restroom in public she gets kindof wild. Not sure if it's because they are all different or what but she starts screaming at me 'me do it myself!! You not help me!! Shut the door!' it's a little crazy and embarrassing but I'm also all for her using potty by herself! She usually doesn't wear diapers during naps now either! Yea!! She is doing great with it!If you know G you know she likes to be naked! She will walk around and say 'I a hiney girl! I naked!' and point to her bottom. I know I shouldn't laugh but it's funny.
She walked up to me one day we were outside playing (in the backyard) and said, "me like to be naked. You want me to be naked. Take off my button!" - She wanted me to undo her buttons so she could get her dress off! Hilarious! I asked her, 'I want you to be naked?' and she replied serious as could be, 'uh huh!'
just because he's cute!
Emmaline is at a really literal stage right now. So when you say something she takes your word for it! I'm kindof known for being sarcastic and we were chatting one morning. She was not wanting to tell me something and I said Spit It Out. She goes, 'pluuuh! (spitting sounds) nothing!' I was like what? She said 'nothing came out!' So literal! Ha! I laughed!
She also likes to backseat drive and tell me where I'm going or that I need to watch out for the police man!
She will constantly tell G that a police man is going to get her if she doesn't put on her seatbelt. She mixes up the word and says 'gaplice man' not sure why?! My mom and I told the girls one time at SAMs that they have to act right and smile or the policeman will get them. So now everytime we go to SAMs she finds the 'policeman' and makes sure she and G are smiling! ;)
Tonight we were watching a movie on tv and a commercial came on and she got upset and thought Daniel changed the channel. Poor thing doesn't even know what a commercial is, or maybe lucky is a better descriptor!
Both girls are obsessed with sweatshirts. They wear them over everything and only will if they have the 3 requirements of zipper, pockets and hood.
E has also moved from adventurous toddler to prissy little girl: while at the rodeo she didn't want to get near the animals and said 'They smell! Gross..I don't want to touch them!' Last year she was all about the animals! This year her favorite part was the stickers! When asked who wrote that on the wall, Emmaline replied, "Georgia did it!" Oh, really, since she can even write and her name begins with an E...that is written just like you write them! That conversation was about 6 months ago at least..when I asked her today (yes it's still there) about the writing on the wall, she said, "Mom, I'm really sorry I did that!" PROGRESS!! :)

Finally, since I moved all their clothes into the closet that they can't get into they ask me almost everyday, "mom, can we please get dressed now? I don't want to wear my pajamas anymore!" then just to mess with them I'll say, " but we aren't going anywhere.. We can wear our pjs all day long!" this brings about lots of distress and frustration! Who doesn't wish they could wear pjs all day?!?!

Kids these days!!

1 comment:

Nat said...

I'm up for pj's all day any day! :D can't wait to see y'all this weekend!