Monday, February 28, 2011

Let's Rodeo...

So I know the Rodeo has come and gone but I have to say something about our trip! We drove up one Saturday morning to meet some friends..in the rain...I was not really thrilled. The kids had just gotten over strep/ear infections/coughs/snotty noses..you name it..it was passed around our house! All I could imagine was the semi-cold rain getting one of my babies sick again and then that baby getting the other ones sick..again. So needless to say I was having second thoughts and words with Daniel..who was annoyed with me. I was surprised because he is usually the cautious one and I am more throw caution to the wind..BUT..we had promised to meet friends that we hadn't seen in a while so we went for it! Luckily, due to the weather we got a good parking spot and started our trek. I had a poncho hanging over HB's stroller and the girls were just stuck out. They did have little jackets, though. We saw Dustin, Meaghan and Lillie and headed for the barns. Animals were everywhere. The girls were not as thrilled as years past. I laughed and thought about how Emmaline went from a toddler in awe of animals to a little girl saying, 'Pee-ewww, they stink! NO, I don't want to touch it!'
You know, she turns her nose up at playing soccer too! Where did she come from??
Anyways, so we make our way through the barns. They had lots of great, educational exhibits. The girls loved the chicks the best. They were pretty cute! We went through a petting zoo where they sold feed in ice cream cones..you know Emmaline thought that was awesome..until the goat snagged it out of her hands! She was not happy!
We did the HEB farmers thing..where you pick your veggies, milk the cow, place them in a basket, and get paid for it. It was really cute and Georgia was so into it.
Of course we ate yummy rodeo food..the corny dogs are awesome and Daniel and I always buy Island Noodles! The last stop before it all went south was the Pig Races! They were so cute and the girls loved watching them run for Oreos! They also had a tiny little pig that swam!All in all, it was a successful day at the rodeo! It was great to see old friends and we all took long naps..after we dried off that is! Next year, I want to take the kids to see a show with the ropin', mutton bustin' and concert!

No comments: