Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fishing at Jerry's pond

This place holds lots of memories for me..I grew up fishing on this pond. I loved spending time here with my family. We would go to Opals around the corner, pick up some Yohoos and worms and head to the pond. We would fish and fish, throw some back and keep some. It was always fun! Luckily, Daniel loves our place in Mississippi and loves using his vacation days to go there. After he flew in from Chicago, he stopped at Bass Pro and picked up 2 new Barbie backpacks with mini fishing poles, a tackle box and lures in them. Saying the girls were thrilled is an understatement!
We headed to Jerry's with some worms and got busy.Daniel was busy reeling them in, but I wasn't having much luck. Emmaline finally caught her 1st fish.She was so cute and so excited about it! She had to put it in the bucket..we had 3 fish..who were named Emmaline, Georgia & Hayes. We ate them that night! They were yummy!Eventhough things look different around Jerry's pond then it did when I was little, it still makes me happy to share that with my kids and hope they love it like I do!We also rode the 6 wheeler and surveyed the damage done by the tornado a month ago..it took out almost 90 acres of grown pine trees on our land..it was sad. At least noone was hurt. We didn't go out on Lake Jennie but did get on the pontoon boat for fun.

No comments: