Friday, November 30, 2012

A Disney Surprise!

This trip had been planned in my mind for years. I knew I wanted to take my girls to Disney before they were too old. Everyone has there own opinions on what is too old or too young for Disney. I've heard them all. But if you know me, I can rarely be talked out of something if I have my heart set on it. My heart was set. The girls would be at Disney to see the magic before they no longer believed in the magic. To me that was no older than 6. I have to say I am so happy that I stuck to my guns and made it happen!
The whole idea came about when Aunt Natalie called me to chat about Uncle Toodge's upcoming Med school interviews. She was listing all the places he was going and then came upon his Orlando interview that happened to be the weekend of their 1 year anniversary. She was going to tag along with him and celebrate in the happiest place on earth - Disney! I oohed and aahed over how I wish we could go and then and there I invited myself (and my family) to their anniversary weekend!I don't know if she and he truly loved the idea, but I just knew the timing was as good as we were going to get. Between the baby due in February, Emmaline being off school, having grandparents willing to care for Hayes, and having an extra pair of hands at the parks and airport it was perfect! So me and Natalie got to planning and our excitement was a tad overkill! Unfortunately, we never got to make our matching shirts, but we did coordinate everything we could and made it all work out! Jeffrey and Natalie did get alone time and to have a nice anniversary dinner without the Listi clan! Hayes did get to spend one-on-one time with Grandma and Grandpa and they said he was an angel! And the girls got to be completely surprised with not only a trip to Disneyworld but also their 1st ever airplane flights!After discussing details with my parents, they decided they would pay for our hotel and plane flights! It was a huge early Christmas gift from them and I don't think it would have worked out otherwise. We are so thankful we could take the girls on this amazing trip, that they could have such special time with us and their aunt and uncle and get to experience a dream! I can't tell you how many times Emmaline and Georgia have talked about getting on an airplane and flying to Disney to meet the princesses and see their castle. I am so thankful we got to make their dreams come true!We left early Friday morning before Thanksgiving from Houston. The girls had no idea we were going anywhere else other than grandparents. It was so fun waking them up early and getting them dressed and letting them open an envelope from MawMaw and Pop. They were so confused. Emmaline was in serious denial once she realized we were leaving at that moment for Disney. Georgia's 1st reaction was to the Minnie Mouse stickers and she proclaimed, "I don't like Minnie Mouse!" It was hilarious! Then she understood what it all meant and she was thrilled to fly! What a great morning for sure. I am so glad we got to surprise them with this trip. I also surprised them with some Minnie Mouse ears, which Georgia loved, and carry on bags full of coloring books, snacks, bubble gum, stickers, lipgloss, etc. I am proud to say they did great on the airplane and got their wings for their 1st flight!


No comments: