Thursday, November 8, 2012

A House Divided

Me and Daniel gave this flag to my parents for Christmas last year. I thought it was only fitting since the Aggies entered the SEC and all 3 of their kids attended the school...but it's funny cause we are all crazy about Alabama in my family and seem to convert those around us! It's hard not to yell Roll Tide each weekend! Did you see that game against LSU..that was so exciting!!This Saturday our two favorite football teams will take the field against eachother. The Aggies have had a great season, especially for being newbies in the SEC, and Alabama is going for it all! The National Championship game is on the line. I have to admit I am a bit torn. Normally and up until last weekend I would cheer for the Aggies..I love a good underdog story! But this season is different and Alabama needs this win to make a run at the championship so I am honestly hoping they win. But A&M is my alma mater and I do hope they do good and I will be happy when they score..I hope it's close and exciting!!
We have all kinds of A&M and Alabama gear. My kids are completely confused about who they are cheering for..especially since their colors are similar. Hayes loves to yell, "Go Aggies!" and throw up his touchdown arms!
This weekend we have another Aggie coming to stay with us..'Aunt' Gene is flying in tomorrow! And Julie from San Antonio is coming also, though she is a Mizzou fan! It will be really fun to spend a Saturday watching football, eating and playing games with our friends..almost like old times!!
This is something that I saw in a little store here..thought it was cute, but could easily be replicated for cheaper..just need a friend who can paint!And this sweet outfit may have to be purchased if this baby is a girl!!






We will put up the Reveille dog outside our house this weekend and dress up our kids in game day wear and yell like Hell at the tv! I love football Saturdays..the only thing that would be better was if we were in Tuscaloosa..where we were supposed to be..life gets in the way, right!



Daniel's shirt says 'No Frats since the beginning'. It's one of his favorite Aggie shirts!
A funny story to tell..on myself..I follow a few A&M groups/people on twitter and all this week have been reading their tweets about the upcoming game. They would say "come listen to Coach Sumlin talk about BTHObama" or "The Aggies are ready to BTHObama!" and I thought, wow, they are really open about Beating The Hell Outta Obama...but ok. I was a bit surprised that the Texas A&M twitter feed was backing that..but still ok!
Then it finally dawned on me last night..they aren't tweeting about beating the hell outta Obama, but Bama as in Alabama! I know..I know..I should've picked up on that but with all the election talk going on that was how I read it! It made so much more sense once I realized what they were saying! Either way, BTHObama!!

No comments: