Sunday, August 9, 2009

Aggieland

I miss Aggieland. Don't get me wrong..I love it here in SA, but CS will forever be my home. I love the feel of it..there is always something fun to do because it is a college town..it always makes you feel young..or old (depending on how you shake it).
I was lucky enough to get to hang out there for a day last week..and was invited to head up to campus to show the kids around. I wasn't sure about a tour with young kids in August during lunch time, but they did well and it was a lot of fun!
The Tices & Binions let us tag along as we toured Kyle Field. It was fun to be on that huge field and just get to take it all in..it was so quiet..imagining the excitement those guys must feel with the 12th Man behind them!
the Hall of Fame area was great and airconditioned..it has a lot of things I never really thought about, but fun to look at and learn some new history (but please don't quiz me), and then over to the construction by the MSC..so yeah, we didn't get very far, but it killed a lot of time and was interesting. The Bookstore has been moved to G. Rollie White (the old basketball arena) and the entire floor still has the same wood but is covered with bookshelves and A&M paraphernalia..I was really weirded out.
Gig 'em..I am so excited about the beginning of football season..we are actually vegging on the couch right now watching Tennesse v. Buffalo. The rivalry, the long weekends made awesome with countless games, the fantasy leagues and banter.. Can't you feel the excitement??

1 comment:

Allison said...

CS misses you too! See you next week.