Monday, August 17, 2009

just having fun..a lot of fun!

We have been having so much lately. We had a great family filled weekend! We went to the zoo, fed some pelicans slimy fish, ate sand on the baby beach, and looked through binoculars. It was a great time and I was so proud of Emma for jumping right in and not being scared to touch the dead fish!!

First, we went out on a date (sort of) with another couple to Gypsy's. It is a Mediterranean grill and has houkahs. It was definitely a learning experience, but I thought it was fun and brought something different to the evening! The atmosphere was nice and they usually have belly dancers there. Overall, it was a great evening out and fun to get away from the girls for a bit!

Saturday morning, the girls and I attended a baby shower for Jillian. She is expecting little Charlotte in about 2 months..well, we got there and found out that Jillian was in the hospital trying to pass kidney stones! OUCH!! It was still a fun shower, with great food and fun times chatting it up with the ladies! I cannot imagine what she experienced with what I have heard of as the most pain ever..especially while pregnant! I hope she is doing much better and has a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery..she deserves it!!

As soon as we left there, we loaded up and headed to see Uncle Toodge and Natalie and her family at the Hyatt Hill Country resort...lots of fun!! That place is so neat. Now it was crowded, but worth it! We floated the lazy river, drank really expensive margaritas in the pool and just talked the afternoon away. We even got to see cousin Brett Tyler and hang out a bit! Emma was in heaven playing in the water all day and at the end of our time, she and Georgia even got a "surprise" from Natalie..a new Cabbage Patch baby doll.. they were matching babies..and the girls loved them...But as Jeffrey and Daniel were saying..they think me and Natalie were enjoying ourselves more than the little girls..I think so too!!
We were reminiscing about our 1st Cabbage Patch dolls and their names! Matthew was mine..just fyi! Thanks so much to Toodge, Natalie and her mom and sister for letting us hang out and party all day with you! We loved it!!
That evening we got home and were not ready for the night to end..so we invited over some friends for a BBQ and some old school drinking games. It was a great time and there was even some fierce competition to be President! Emma was so tired from her busy day that she passed out watching Cinderella!The only casualty of the weekend was my cell phone..which got dipped into the pool on Saturday..so it works but the inside screen is blank, so I can't see any numbers or texts..sadness!
So if you don't hear from me for a while, that is why..I don't know any numbers except for a few! So call me if you dare! We are heading to CS this week..maybe Wednesday! Congrats to my good friend Amy..she is having another little GIRL, due in January!! I am so excited for her, as we both will have 2 girls now!! YEA!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

That sounds like a fun weekend! My cell is 713-446-0204. I was just going to send you a text this morning to ask you to bring me some deer sausage if you still had an overabundance so I am glad I didn't! Can't wait to see you tommm.