Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer fling, splash pad & Snack Pack painting

Daniel and I attended his works annual Summer Fling..it was a lot of fun..not sure why they call it a summer fling, other than it is in the summer..but I got to meet almost everyone he works with and it was a 50th surprise party for his boss. It was a Wicked theme..and the slogan was "Wicked to be 50". Everyone wore black..and they did a great job with decor and gifts!
The next day we went to a housewarming-ish party for another one of his work friends..they have a little girl, Guilia, almost 2. It was a lot of fun and a great end to a fun weekend. The weather was surprisingly nice, but still hot. Emma got wet and Georgia & Guilia, who didn't want to share her new play house, and Georgia ate off the patio..corn was rolling all over the place..but she was happy!


Monday we went to the splash pad with MOPS. It was fun and relaxing..then I got to enjoy some Mexican food, which I have been craving. Georgia again snacked off the ground at the splash pad and I don't think other moms like to watch my child eat off the floor. It seems to ick them out..sorry, but it is my child..we do feed her in a chair at home and at most restaurants, if you must know!
Emma is finishing her last week of summer MDO and then is off for a while. I have enjoyed her by ourselves, but she is mean to G right now..and she is fighting sleep big time right now. She whines, screams, runs when it is time for naps or bed time. It is so annoying. I am hoping it is just a phase. But I am definitely not ready to give up naptime!!Snack Pack playtime

Georgia is 11 months old today. She has finally gotten her 2 bottom teeth..lots of drool this week. Also, I think she has taken her first step..just that preliminary one on accident..but it just means she is getting close! Yesterday she took a step 2 different times in the kitchen while falling towards me..YEA for you, G!

1 comment:

Allison said...

sorry I haven't called you back yet! I meant to at nap time today, then found my FB and email had been hacked and had to deal with that. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!