Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lake Travis 2009

We had an amazing time at Lake Travis this past weekend..I am still recovering..but it was all worth it! I am already thinking about next year and how we can make it just as much fun! We rented a party barge on Lake Travis..a double decker pontoon type boat with a slide, grill, drivers, music and the cool of the lake!!
We had a great turn out..over 30 people and it was a random group of people..but EVERYONE got along great and it was like we were all friends for life!
A group of us rented out cabins a mile from the lake, our docking station and Carlos N Charlies..it was really cool and cheap too! I would definitely recommend it.
The first night we headed to Oasis, a restaurant/bar and then to Carlos N Charlies...then we stayed up late and got a noise violation (but the free, no cops kind).


The next morning started off with a bang..champagne and loud music - again another noise violation (free again)..but really, at 9 a.m.?! We had to be at the boat by 9:45..our drivers were so much fun and the slide was awesome too!
The lake was so low but we were able to enjoy it fully. There was a big bachelor party right next to us, so that was fun for the single gals!
I made the comment to Carrie that she and I were the only married ones on the boat. It was like we were putting on a singles cruise..minus all the dating couples there..but kindof weird as we usually are surrounded by married people!
It was great to be there with my best friends, my brothers and their girl friends and friends. Also, Daniel surprised me with a cookie Bday cake and some of my favorite drinks! We returned to C'n'C and drank, danced and hung out for a long while. My cousins, Dan and Kendra, and my aunts, Claudia and Boom Boom, & Uncle Tom surprised us all there too!
It was seriously one of the best weekends I have had. EVER!
Of course, I missed the girls but it went by so fast that I didn't have a chance to think much about it. They were all smiles when I saw them on Sunday and that was all that I needed..and about a weeks worth of sleep!
I have a few pics but am hoping to get more from other people too as I "lost" my camera on Saturday..but "found" it on Sunday on our barge!

1 comment:

Allison said...

That looks like you had lots of fun! I love the sun, water, etc.! Any trips to CS planned? When it gets cooler, we want to come to sea world and visit you.