Thursday, January 14, 2010

4 years ago today..

almost at this exact hour..
Daniel and I were married..
in Cancun, Mexico..
with our closest friends and family standing up for us..
celebrating with lots of champagne, beer, wine..
music and a Brazilian-style Steakhouse reception..
it was windy..
really windy that day..
My dad woke me up early that morning (or at least it seemed early after the fun Bachelor/Bachelorette outtings we had the night before) to tell me that due to the whipping wind, we would probably have to move the ceremony from the beach to the gazebo..I didn't really believe him..
I had to check it out for myself..
indeed the wind was causing the sand to pelt your legs, face, any naked body part..
it hurt..
I was sad..
But I loved my guests and decided to get over it and told the coordinator to do what she had to do..She was great, by the way, she did it all..
I pointed to some flowers I liked in a book and that was just about all I did to make it happen..
other than get out of the pool (with A LOT of nudging) so I could get cleaned up and dressed before I walked down the aisle..
the amount of hours we spent in the pool were greater than all other activities combined the whole trip..
even sleeping..
thanks to their many swim-up pool bars..
Oh, how I love the Riu..
and it's all-inclusiveness..
Daniel, please take me back..
soon..
with our friends and family..
but not to renew our vows..
I get too nervous..
remember how I giggled through the ceremony..
and I feel they are still fresh in my mind..
don't you??

No comments: