Thursday, January 21, 2010

Run, girl

Georgia is changing so much these days. Her hair is long enough for pigtails and different styles but she usually rips them out pretty quickly. She also has natural curl to the back of her hair..I love it and can't bear to cut it..I am hoping her mullet evens out soon!! :)

She is saying and mimicking lots of words and phrases, like Sissy, hot, That mine, No, nack - snack, milk, cacker - cracker, candy..

She also started running! She is hilarious when she does..the first time I saw her run was when I was in the kitchen with Emma..I asked her if she wanted a cookie (a Nilla wafer..their new fav!) and like a flash Georgia comes barreling around the corner with her arms stretched out saying "me..me"..and since that moment she has not stopped running!! She has pretty good balance on unlevel ground, but she still has plenty of bruises to show for herself.Another thing she loves to do is point out noses and blow her own nose. "Nooose" - long O sound.

She can also point out eyes, toes and just discovered tongues again.

She will clean up with the clean up song.."everybody do your share.."She has 6 teeth finally, 4 on top, 2 on bottom.

Most exciting for me, is that she is finally on whole milk..she was having digestive problems (diarrhea) when she drank reg. milk..any other milk product was fine, though..so her new dr. here in SA told me to slowly give her whole milk & formula, and just fight through the diarrhea..which may take up to 2 weeks for her body to get used to it..It worked!!! Now I did try it before that way, but never stuck it out for 2 weeks..so I was really excited that it finally worked and her system seems to be fine!!! YEA!!

On a sad note for Mommy, she is transitioning to 1 nap/day..it is messing me up! Tiresome, but luckily because of MDO they are used to napping at the same time so that does help!

She loves to take her clothes on and then gets frustrated when she can't put them back on..shoes are her favorite item to do this with. "Choooo" - shoe!Her new "thing" is that she puts her hands in the back of her pants and walks around like that. It is frustrating..how do you tell a 16 mo. old that is not appropriate! HA!

She loves to go into Emma's room and open her drawers and take out everything..then she eventually closes her fingers in the drawers and cries.

She is pretty comfortable with whoever she is left with, babysitters, MDO teachers, church, Bible study..she is always smiling and enjoying herself.She still loves her pink Taggie blankie (refers to it as "B" like her sister).

One last story, at the end of baths, E was already out, and I was trying to get G to stand up so I didn't have to bend all the way over (lazy, I know). She scooted all the way to the drain and covered it with her bottom. Then I would put my arms out to her and say let's get out. "No" and shake her head furiously. Trying to entice her I said "you want a cookie with Sissy?". She shook her head and said "No cookie" and would just bob around in the water. It was so cute. And I had to eventually bend over and pluck her out of the bath!

*the t-shirt she is wearing is an old Aggie one of her daddy's that Grandma gave to us. Georgia even picked it out to wear today.

No comments: