Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dixie is 10 today

My Dixieland Delight is 10 years old today!!

I can't believe it has been so long and that she is really that old. I think she is handling her age wonderfully..she runs and barks and keeps up with Gauge (4 years her junior) well!

They loved going to Louin this past week with us. They ran by the 6 wheeler as we drove, barked at country dogs, played in the creeks, slept by the fire, ate leftovers and did awesome in the car! Dixie has been my baby since I was a sophomore at A&M. She kept me company long before I had a husband. She kept me safe and most importantly feeling safe each night in my home as a single girl and on walks together!
Dixie is a loud barker and usually scares people and I love her being my guard dog!
She has had 4 litters of her own and cared for them wonderfully. She is a patient and loving momma.

I love my Dixie dog and am so thankful that she has been with me for 10 years through all the ups and downs of life..a wedding, moving and babies!!To celebrate today, she had a bone and we headed to the dog park to run and play in the beautiful weather. She even got pampered with Emma and all her blankets!

No comments: