Thursday, January 28, 2010

Titled: "What was I thinking??"

After a beautiful day at the park..Landa Park..one of our favorite places to visit..where we ate a picnic lunch, spent an hour swinging "higher", raced down the slides, doing forward rolls, and even used a gross potty...it was time to head home in hopes of a nap..in their beds, not in the car..
I decided one way to keep the girls awake a bit longer would be icecream!

I mean, is there anything better than icecream in a warm car with the sun shining on you??

What was I thinking??
an Oreo Blizzard split in 2 cups, each with a spoon..a long spoon I might add..Georgia kept gagging herself with!
What was I thinking??
dripping sugar in carseats for 30 minutes while watching an episode of Clifford..
What was I thinking??
tired toddlers that started to get that glazed look on their faces after a few bites..
What was I thinking??
a sticky, white mess on the buckle and straps from a 16 month old who is now using the empty cup as a shoe..
What was I thinking??
an almost empty cup stuck between the legs of a passed out 2 year old..who was relatively clean after it all was said and done..
What was I thinking??
arriving home and beginning to undertake the clean up process, using an uncounted number of wipes on little sister's entire body, big sister wakes up from the squeals and in a fog says, "Where's my icecream? I want my icecream!"
So I guess I was thinking that they would love it..and that the mess wasn't that big of a deal..and that I would get a bite or 3 of a Blizzard..and hey, they did take naps in their own beds that day, but so did I!

I love it when a plan comes together!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

i have so many of those moments!!! Glad it all worked out, Missing you!!!

SaudiExpat said...

Your girls are too cute!!!