Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Emma Jade

My sweet baby girl is 3 years old today. I am so proud to be her mommy and love her so very much. I love getting to say prayers with her and hear her thoughts and what she is thankful for. She gives great hugs and kisses and is such a kind soul. She wants to do what is right and already has a great habit of saying "I'm sorry" when she does something wrong or even on accident.
She is a great sister and loves Georgia so much. She is getting better at sharing.
I love how excited you get when you see me, even if it has only been 30 minutes since I left to run an errand. It makes my day! I also love how you squeal and run to the front door when you hear it open and call out for Daddy!! His face lights up!
She is still quite prissy and changes outfits about 5 times a day, even at night after we put her to bed we wake up to a mound of pajamas that she has changed from.
Emma at times seems older than 3, then other times she seems like my little baby girl. I was remembering 3 years ago on March 9th that Daniel didn't arrive in CS until after 9 p.m. It was a Friday. I had gone to the dr. that morning and my wonderful dr. said for him to hurry up and get there (from MS..she was coming!! I had been crampy that day, and really tired but that was about it. We went straight to bed when he got there (and it was a good thing) because the next morning I woke up at 8 a.m. and Daniel was nowhere in sight, I laid there stretching and POP..I felt something weird and like nothing I had ever felt before, and I heard it..in my stomach! I wasn't 100% for sure, but I think more of a denial thing was going on..my water had broke! I got up to go to the bathroom..now I was more sure..everywhere..so I sat on the potty and wondered what to do next and I was also wondering where Daniel was?!!
I decided I would yell for him..he came up after some coaxing and I told him the news! He was all ready to go, but I was taking a shower first..after all I wasn't in pain..so I got cleaned up and off we went!
At 4:44 p.m. on Saturday, March 10, 2007 Emmaline (pronounced like lean) Jade came squalling into this world! It was a fairly easy labor (relatively speaking) and we were so excited to meet you and happy it didn't take forever..
Then the real fun began!!!
We love you to pieces, Emma and that love grows even more with each day! We thank God that He loaned you to us here on earth..we are trying our best to make Him proud! Please remember that you were the one who made me a mother..my first baby..you made my dreams come true!

No comments: