Monday, March 29, 2010

Shop talk

My computer has been in the shop and I have been without my pictures and all my fun stuff I like to waste hours doing.
So instead, the family and I have had to find other things to occupy our time.
We attended 2 overlapping birthday parties this past Saturday..one was at a place called the Kiddie Park for Claire, who is in Emma's class at MDO. It is a really fun place that is like a mini carnival for the younger kids. The girls got to ride in boats, airplanes, school buses, horse-drawn carriages and a carousel, among other rides. The weather was beautiful and they loved it! The family, minus me, then high-tailed it to Ainsley's 4th bday at her home. She is Emma's best friend, who she has sleepovers with and they spend all their time dressing up in Princess paraphernalia and putting makeup on! I missed the cotton candy machine, pink cupcakes and who knows what else. The theme was Pinkalicious..which is a children's book about a girl who ate too many pink cupcakes and turned pink! Emma loves it..we even got to go to a theatre play of it downtown at the Magic Theatre earlier in the week!On Saturday, amidst all the parties, I headed to CS for a funeral..it was for my mom's dear friend and long time family friend, Ann Holt. She was instrumental in getting me a teaching job and hooking me up with the best job ever through school, tutoring! I love and miss that job!! I can explain later for those who care..but it was great! Anyway, she died fairly suddenly but I am so happy (and proud of) my parents were there for her until the last second and that me and the girls got to see her just over Spring Break! She is definitely missed but it is such a good reminder of life and how to count our blessings and live it to the fullest the way God intended us to. On a happier note, we are expecting baby #3 this September 19th!! We are super excited, though I have to admit the 1st trimester was the hardest for me comparing all 3 pregnancies, physically and emotionally. I am feeling 100% more like myself and getting anxious to have a belly and feel that baby dancing in my tummy! I really just started showing this week (week 16) and can still wear my regular clothes but am pretty sure my jeans will be retired very soon!!
The girls are so cute when we talk about it. I think Emma is confused, and thinks that I am just talking about Georgia as the baby and not another baby actually coming to stay! I will say and show them the baby in my tummy and Emma will say "I have a baby in my tummy too. It is hiding under my skin from you!" Georgia just points to her tummy and says baby and smiles.
Emma says she wants a "sister like Georgie".
I kindof want a boy this round..I am ready to buy some new clothes and get to do a boy nursery and switch things up a bit..I also have had a few different symptoms with my body compared to the last 2 times, so I am hoping that means boy!..so that is my guess!!
Daniel is thinking girl all the way, but he (not so secretively) wants a boy..
We will find out in a few weeks, so I will keep you posted!! Also and lastly, I have to get bloodword done in 2 weeks for regular stuff and for gestational (and regular) diabetes..to see if I have it again, like I did with Georgia, so if you are so inclinded, I would love some prayers on our behalf for that..it kindof scares and worries me!

1 comment:

Sam and Courtney said...

Congrats on Baby #3! That is so exciting! :)