Thursday, March 3, 2011

MDO Petting Zoo


Right around Valentine's Day the girls' MDO has a petting zoo, a Cowboy trick roper and a Cowboy breakfast to kick off the SA Rodeo. It is so cute and the kids love all the fun activities. Of course I have been coaxing them into wearing their boots. But luckily, they have fallen in love with them and want to wear them all the time! Georgia is wearing some that E wore last year that are from our friend, Hayley's little girl. Emmaline is wearing her Daddy's boots from when he was little! I don't know why, but I think that is so sweet!
Of course I am mother of the year and only have pics of Emmaline at the petting zoo. I have to say I was sad she wouldn't ride the pony..if it were up to me, I would force her to..seriously..we call it "Forced Fun". I would have picked her up, kicking and screaming, and plopped her on the pony and said 'OK, you are doing it! You are riding the pony! YEA!! See, it's not so scary. Mommy is right here by you.' But, I didn't. I mentioned that is what I wanted to do to another mother and she kindof sheepishly laughed liked I was kidding. Umm, no. But, I didn't want to freak any of the kids or parents out, so I held back. I told her she should do it. We watched how her friends did it. No luck! Oh well! 'Maybe next time', as she always says! The thing that really got me was 3 days later at the actual Rodeo, we saw a Pony Ride for $5/per ride and she was dying to go!! Begging Daddy..HA, nope..you had your chance little Missy! Like she would have done it anyways! And for you all wondering, nope Georgia didn't ride one either! Did we move out of the country too soon or something?? Should we put a harness on Gauge? I am a firm believer in "Forced Fun"!

No comments: