Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Campbell Joy's Sprinkle

Carrie, Erica, Hayley, Pauline & mom-to-be AutumnEmmaline and I headed to CS to throw a shower for my long long time friend Autumn and her soon to be little girl, Campbell Joy. She is due on Halloween and it was lots of fun getting together with the girls to see some adorable pink, frilly things and eat lots of good food. Hayley hosted the shower at her 'farm'..they have expanded since I was there last with a barn, horse arena, pool and basically another house. It looks amazing. Emmaline had so much fun traipsing around the land with Tristin and Tai and eventually talked me into letting her swim. They played with the baby chicks and Emmaline really wants one.."she wants to carry it in her carseat and name it Baby Chick..or maybe Rainbow or Blue Firework"??????
She is doing so good with swimming and really needs little help. I like someone in the water with her, but she does great on her own! I am proud she is so brave! I need some of that to rub off on Georgia. Georgia and Hayes got to stay in SA with my inlaws and Daddy. It was a nice break and I know they had fun. I have to say I loved jumping in the car with a 4 year old, throwing a few clothes in one bag and not worrying about all the extra items you need with the little ones. I liked having a break from undoing the carseat and lugging almost 25 pounds around on my hip. Emmaline was a sweet girl and I am pretty sure she loved the attention from me and my parents. She even got makeup, her nails done and did some shopping with her money for her siblings birthdays coming up.
Autumn received some cute things..most from our friend Kristi, who seriously should open up her own shop/Etsy store. She is so talented. I also loved getting to hang out with my highschool girlfriends, just talk, remember the old days and get and give advice about our kids. We discussed reinstating an annual vacation and I hope we can make it happen soon. I love those girls! And I can't wait to meet Miss Campbell soon!the girls got Hoyt a Big Brother book and some stickers! He is a cutie!

No comments: