Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hayes Bryant is 12 months!!

My Baby Boy is 1.. is it just too fast! I really can't believe a year ago today my water broke as I was heading to Carrie's to watch football and now that boy doesn't look like a baby so much anymore. We celebrated in South Padre Island with family and the party is going to continue with more parties with friends. He has been such a fun treat for our family. I honestly don't know who is more smitten with him..it is a close call for all of us who know his smile. He is so sweet and snuggly. He loves to be squeezed and tickled and gets in a trance-like state when you rub his head or pat his little leg. We go this week for dr check so will update with all that then.. He has slimmed up so much so I'm guessing 23 pounds and I am completely lost on height.. Maybe in 75th%??
*He is so close to walking but right now prefers the Bear (Bryant) crawl - knees off the ground!
*He is really fast when he crawls too. He loves to climb on things and can get on the couches now and is SO proud of himself!
*HB is sleeping well 8-8 usually and will nap 1-2 times a day, one long and one short.
*He eats a lot and loves meat and fruit most. He is over me feeding him from a spoon and likes to do it himself. You can imagine how that goes. He can eat 2 hotdogs and is usually the last one to be done at our table.
*He also finishes the Plum Baby food pouches in 10 seconds.. Those are the best invention ever!!*Hayes is wearing size 3 diapers, but probably not for long and 12-24 months clothes/shoes.
*He darts to any open door, bangs on ones that are closed.. Especially if his sissies are playing in their room without him.
*This boy Loves his Daddy.. If I say his name he will go searching for him and he cries if he leaves his sight. I love that an know they will have so much fun in the future with football, hunting, golfing, etc. It's sweet for sure!
*Hayes finally has his bottom 2 teeth and is getting his top middle now.. I hate teething... For all my kids the first few teeth are painful for them but then it seems like it's ok later.. Well see!
*He has already mastered the art of pouting and fake crying..he will stick his lip out and stare at me with his big blue eyes then let out this pitiful 'Waaa'. He also does this when I tell him NO. He's already trying to use his charm on me. He also flirts with people and gets shy and turns away smiling when people talk to him.We love you Hayes Bryant! You are an incredible gift from God and I am so thankful I get to hold you and teach you and love you here on earth! Your sugar pies are so sweet that it makes me think occasionally I may be satisfied with my 3 babies and not anymore.. Occasionally!
Your sisters love you unconditionally and are quite protective of you. They also like that you play with them now.. They include you in their 'boat rides' and in their 'birthday parties' they throw.. They serve you up a plate and help you sit at the table... You don't quite understand the food isn't real and you get mad and start whining when you can't have a 'bite'! - one of your favorite words for sure!

No comments: