Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Check-Up Day & Caught!

So today was a day I was dreading. I am not really a fan of having to go through the hoopla of paperwork/insurance/crying that I know is going to happen at some point.

Today, I had scheduled HB & G's well checks at the dr. and Emmaline's dental check-up. I decided to add Georgia to the dentist cause I didn't want to have to go back in less than 6 months. I wasn't excited to say the least and had bad mojo feelings about it all.
We started with HB crying in the middle of the night for no apparent reason other than teething and what is a Mom going to do but try and ignore him after awhile (yes, I checked on him. Please don't call me..). So I slept in cause I was tired from hearing him cry. We rushed out the door and made it to the dr. on time. We get called back quickly and start the measuring..
Georgia's 3 yr. old stats: 36 inches (50th%) and 30 pounds (50th%)..so she is hanging out in the middle! We will just have to wait in see how she fairs when she is a teen!Hayes' 1 year old stats: 32.6 inches (off the charts %) and 22.8 pounds (50th%)..the nurse actually wrote down his height as 33.6 inches and the dr. was like "that is the average size of a 2 year old..it can't be right..I will have her recheck." But that never happened so I did it myself there..and he was closer to my measurements.The kids both look great and perfect and cute..that may not have been exactly what the dr. said but you get the idea! Georgia only had 1 shot and said "Owwie" and then I said it's over..and she was fine..though she claimed she wasn't brave! The girls both got the flu mists and Hayes had to do the flu shot.
Hayes was last with his shots..He had 4 total..he was not a happy camper with big tears but was over it once I was able to hold him. So all in all we got out of there with no real drama! YEA!

Next, was Chick-fil-A on our way to the dentist..the dreaded dentist. Our pedi dentist is a referral and it was the closest one that our insurance will pay. Have I mentioned how much I despise the whole insurance fiasco. So we drive 20 minutes away to downtown, enter the parking garage and pay to park. Really..it annoys me. I love the people there and I love the dentist. My kids feel pretty comfortable there. But the waiting room could use some updating not to mention that I feel like I am across the border when I am there. I am pretty sure our blondies are the only ones they see every 6 months! OK, anyway, so I like it because they only take the kids back and the parents are asked to wait. SCORE for me! So me and HB said a little prayer for no cavities and what do you know...It worked!! Both girls are good to go for another 6 months! Yea! G got a behavior score of 3-4 out of 5 and E got a 4/5, so not too bad.

Then we headed home for naps. The girls have AWANA on Wednesday night. They are memorizing Bible verses and having so much fun. I really love this program. Emmaline's had done really well and picked up on it so fast. Georgia doesn't seem to really understand it much, but got the verse at least! Their 1st verse was: God is love. I John 4:8 I have a video of E reciting it and will add eventually. The highlight of the day was when I went to pick up E..she couldn't see me..her teachers were holding a bear and were talking about how someone gets to take it home for the week..the someone who obeys, listens, show manners, know your verse, etc....and they announced Emmaline!! I was so proud of her and loved watching her sweet face. She was shy about it and put her hands near her mouth, smiling, and nodded her head when asked if she was excited. It was priceless and I'm so happy for her. G was not so happy for her, and said she forgot to use her manners! HA! She even went to sleep with Cubbie Bear tonight! I just hope he makes it through the week!
SO overall it was a great and really productive day! I even made it to the grocery store while they were at church.
Thank you Lord, prayer works and today was a good day!

No comments: