Monday, November 7, 2011

Country music is what I love!

Over the last few weeks Daniel and I have been lucky enough to go to some fun concerts! Even luckier to get a babysitter so we could actually enjoy ourselves..
We attended the Cattle Barons Ball held at a ranch outside of Boerne. We got free tickets from a work friend for an event which is a bit more pricey than something we would usually attend, so we dressed in our Texas best, shined up our boots and gassed up the ol' Chevy.
They had tons of auction items and they went for ridiculous amounts of money, but all in the name of curing cancer! We actually bid on some silent auction items. We 'won' a hotel room in Houston with breakfast and I got a cheap haircut! Daniel was thrilled with our purchases! So, the headliner for the event was Clay Walker!! I was pumped..it had been years since I went to one of his concerts and it took me back to my old highschool days with my girlfriends! It was lots of fun and because of the type of event we danced to old favorites like "There was this woman, there was this man" and "She won't be lonely long"! and were right up at the stage to see him shake it! I didn't really remember him having so much hip action back in the day, impressive! He shook Daniel's hand and I may have sent a text that said, "Clay is making a livin' out of lovin' me!" to some friends..hey, the drinks were complimentary!
And I just have to say I had the worst outfit malfunction ever!! I wore a dress that I probably shouldn't have worn..it was a bit snug in certain areas..it hid my bra up until the time I sat down and then all you could see was white! So I did what any girl would do and took my bra off...yeah, maybe that is what any girl would do, but not a Mother of 3 children! My only saving grace was my denim jacket I wore..I covered up the malfunction but I still new in my heart what was underneath..And it wasn't pretty!
But I was able to power through it all and have a great time! I know, I'm so mature! {Hoping to add a picture of us on here at some point that his friend took on her camera..yes, just holding my breath on that one!}
Ok, so a week later Daniel decided to surprise me with a night out. He wouldn't tell me anything so I had to do some searching on the internet.. between other things he said I knew it was probably a show of some sort and probably country (he said Leslie wouldn't want to go and she doesn't like country music). It had to be within a certain time frame because of when our sitter was going to be there so I knew we weren't staying overnight anywhere.
It wasn't hard to find...he took me to Gruene Hall for a night with Bruce & Charlie Robison! We had dinner early and watched football before we headed to the venue. I like how they have all the tables pushed together so you kindof are forced to talk with people. We met all the people around us and for some reason they bought us our drinks!!
The opener was Jamie Wilson, from the Trishas, and she was really good and entertaining. Of course, they sang every song we asked for and it was really up close and personal. It was fun having them both on stage and chatting about different shows and stories. It was a really nice evening and really sweet of Daniel for surprising me with it. He knew I would like it eventhough I may have put up a little fight about going (it was my friend's birthday weekend)! Love you, Daniel!!

No comments: