Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Football weekend

So we headed to Tuscaloosa for the BIG GAME..it started late Thursday evening when we dropped the kids off at my parents in CS..we then drove lightning speed to Houston to stay at Daniel's brother's house..we saw them for a total of 5 minutes. Got up way early Friday morning to catch the 1st flight out Hobby, landed in Jackson to meet my dad, brother and Rachel for our adventure. The drive was a ways, but it was good and we headed to the first bar we saw where we became regulars for the weekend and they knew our drink order everytime we returned. A little shopping, a little dancing, a little drinking and little food..that was our Friday. The weather was seriously perfect, a little chilly, but it is football in November..you want it to be that way! Saturday started early with all the dramatic Game Day talk and stories. People were riled up and having fun. We did more shopping, lots of football watching and of course our trip wouldn't have been complete without Dreamland BBQ. The pork was amazing as usual and what can I say except my mouth is now watering thinking of the sauce..where is my white bread??!! YUM! Once we got our amazing tickets we headed for the stadium but took our time with all the fun fans and shananigans going on. It was great and so entertaining. My dad said it certainly had the 'Championship Game feel'. We walked onto the field (after stuffing our boots full of Pocket shots of vodka and whiskey) with an amazing view of crimson. It was lots of fun and so exciting. Never have I felt so nervous and ready for something. The game itself was up and down and highs and lows..crazy. I honestly feel bad for the kicker..it was awful but ok at the same time. They deserve to play again, but either way I am proud of BAMA and the way they played. So glad I went!! Here are pics of our time there..
this reminded me of home..my kids try to ride my dogs all the time!
Daniel's new nickname perhaps?!!
me and my Daddy! He was so sweet to take us to the game!
Daniel and I on Friday night before the peprally and parade!
Michael and Rachel before the Leslie Miles shots!
our tickets were awesome!! They say "Coach Saban's request" and were on the 40 yard line 15 rows off the field!!
in front of Bryant Denny Stadium! It was so packed. I love how the frat and sorority houses are all lining the stadium..can you imagine getting absolutely nothing done there but loving every minute of it?!!
Saban statue
How we ended our evening..Pocket shots are the best and everyone is always so intrigued by them! A must have item at any football game..or concert for that matter!!
Thanks Dad for an amazing and memorable weekend!! It was a blast and the only thing that would have been better would have been the W. You wouldn't believe the silence leaving that stadium..it was eery..Other bummers of the weekend..my mom broke her foot within 10 minutes of us pulling out the driveway on Thursday but wouldn't let anyone tell me so I didn't find out til Sunday..thanks to her and my Aunt Claudia for taking such great care of the kids..they had a blast! And when we got to our departing flight in Mississippi and found out that my luggage was left in the lobby of the hotel in Alabama..I finally got it in the mail after almost 2 weeks! The clothes were all there though, so that is what really matters!!..Rammer Jammer..Yellow Hammer..can't wait to see how the season plays out!!

No comments: