Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GNO at Ole' Market

We had a fun girl's night out (GNO) during the Ole' Market put on by the Junior League. My 2 girls I hang with all the time are members and Leslie practically put on the entire thing, so I was all in! I attended an early shopping day, that had mimosas and breakfast with the speaker, Frances Strange, Don Strange's wife, who just wrote a book. She was interesting and her stories were great. Jillian went with me and we shopped and drank til it was time to be a mom again and pick up the kids!
I watched Cambrie one day while Leslie was working and had a little photo shoot! HB was a bit jealous and didn't want to pose with her much!
She was a doll though and really good! E&G were escatic when I picked them up from MDO with Hayes and Cambrie! Then we got to get her big sister and brother off the bus and play at the park for hours! It was a fun afternoon but I am now sure I don't want 6 children (in case you were wondering)(well at least not all 6 ages 6 and under)!!
The best part of Ole' was the GNO where we were VIP and ate some amazing food!! There was a purse auction (yes, all purses..my mom would have been in trouble! HA ;)) and about 6 martinis to choose from, these fun blinkie rings, fruity shots and adult margaritas in the form of go-gurts that had 'koozies' that fit on them so your hands didn't freeze! I have been letting the girls use them when they eat their go-gurts!
The best part of the night was the dancing!! So if you know me then you know I drank enough to think that was the best part of the night. We probably made a spectacle of ourselves but it was a blast. I wish we could replay that night like every 2 weeks!!
I even bought Natalie a fur apron for her birthday! I'm sure she will use it all the time!!
I didn't win anything at the purse auction this time but I did buy 2 cute dresses over the week of shopping that I absolutely love!!
Leslie's birthday is Halloween, so we celebrated a few different times..we missed our party GNO and will be making it up one day, but we did do a surprise dinner the night before at El Mirasol with family. They have the best margaritas ever!!

No comments: