Thursday, January 19, 2012

Emmaline's (early) 5th Birthday Party

Because we were moving I decided E must have a party to celebrate her big 5 years..she had been talking about it for months, about who she was going to invite, what kind of cake she wanted, etc. so I knew I didn't her to miss out.
It was crazy timing as everything has been this year, but we threw together a party at Pump It Up just days before our move. We got cute cupcake invites and handed all 25 of them out to her school and personal friends.
Of course this party coincided with the National Championship game (which I will blog about soon), our move (more to blog about) and my mom's bday. Luckily, the place takes care of most everything so that is a plus. I just had to make it back in time! My flight landed at noon and the party was at 5:30..plenty of time to get party favors, snacks and cake together, right?!?
Well...let's just say I got confused and I somehow managed to miss my flight from New Orleans. Luckily, I got on stand by for the next one, lay overed in Houston and barely made it on the last flight to SA before I would have been too late for the party..that was a close one!
I got in at 2, we picked up the girls' from school and made a bee line for the party and grocery store. Emmaline loved getting to go in and pick out her paper goods and favors. Her favorite thing she picked was a Princess crown and her Birthday girl button!
She was all over the place mixing and matching themes. I wasn't really in the mood to put up a fight so we had a Rapunzel, Barbie, 'boy stuff' theme! The cake was cute (all Rapunzel from HEB) and had both chocolate and vanilla..most kids ate 2 pieces (again, I wasn't up for a fight)!
The party started and we had most everything we needed. There were 19 kids in all and they had a blast. They were so worn out by the end of it all wanting drinks so bad..I'm sure they each had multiple capri-suns too.
The Party helpers were great and loved playing with the kids. It was so much fun getting to see old and new friends.
Emmaline has a great time and felt so special. She didn't even know she got presents until we walked out the front and they had them all bagged and ready to go. She was thrilled with her things. Eventhough it was a LONG day for me, I am so happy we did it.
Thank you so much to everyone who came in the middle of the week to celebrate with us. She loved having each one of you there! It was worth it to see her smile while everyone sang her Happy Birthday! Now her real 5th birthday in March will just be icing on the cake! ;)

No comments: