Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Family Christmas - Part 2

Our next stop was College Station. We were going to do a little side trip to Dallas, but I was exhausted from all the house cleaning and packing and driving so we just headed to where I knew I could get rest...my parents!
On Monday we went to Hayley's farm/ranch/home and got to finally hang out with our friends. We all had a blast and you can see pics from an older post where E rode her 1st horse and we got to play with their adorable puppies!
While we were there we saw Happy Feet 2 (two thumbs down), played at the mall and saw old high school friends, the girls attended a gymnastics day out and we ate a lot of food!
Me and Natalie finally had a craft night, complete with champagne and we may not have actually done any crafts..but we saw lots of ideas for them! HA! I spent the night and it was heavenly waking up to the rain in a quiet house. I could have laid there all day!
Natalie was so sweet to give me her jeans and some cute dresses and tops that she is done with..love them and that could have been my Christmas right then and I would have been happy!
Aunt Jennie came in town and we cooked, had a fun family dinner and opened presents galore!! We watched football and played Mexican Train Dominoes til the wee hours of Christmas morning.
Georgia was silly as usual and during our nice dinner Daniel and I looked over to the kid table and see her using her toes to hold her fork. She is strategically placing it in her tiny drinking glass and stirring..Seriously, it was impressive! I wanted to get a video of it but we had to put an end to it. Americas got talent, here we come!!
Also, G woke up one night (morning) at 4:30 crying that that her ear hurt. She wanted to sleep with MaMa so me and Daniel thought she might be faking. She had no fever so we gave her some Tylenol and told her to go to sleep. Poor thing was miserable and couldn't go back to sleep after about 6:30. We took her to a clinic and it seemed to take forever to open. We were the first there..good thing..the line was horrendous when we got out of there. She did have an almost ruptured ear drum that was blood red and we got her fixed up with meds and drops. It didn't take her long to get back to Georgia mode. I'm sure I'm leaving out lots of fun stuff but this is what I remember.
We stayed through Christmas morning. It was great watching the kids excitement while we made cookies for Santa, spread out Reindeer food and getting them in bed to hear hoofs on the rooftop. They actually slept in pretty late and we ran down stairs to see what was there.
They loved their doll house but I think the biggest favorite gift was either HBs Nascar car or Georgia's vacuum.

No comments: