Saturday, April 14, 2012

Anna's Birthday & a potty foul!

A few weeks ago we spent a few days in San Antonio with friends. While Daniel was working we drove the 4 hours to meet up with Anna and Lisa early Wednesday morning!
The Magik Theatre had the production of Click Clack Moo showing so we stopped there first.
Then we had lunch at one of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants..Tycoon Flats.
It has a great outdoor area with lots of shade and isn't crowded outside during the lunch hour..at night there is live music!
While there we also got to see Katie, Maggie & Claire. Lisa brought surprise birthday cupcakes for Anna to celebrate her 3 years and we got her a little gift to open as well! It was a long but fun day!
We then booked it to the McLeans where the kids played like crazy, we made Easter Baskets..martinis, of course!
They were delicious and a great beginning to a few rounds of Just Dance! Even so I still am no kinda dancer ;)
The next morning me and kids went to visit their old MDO school. I knew it would be the last time E would see all her friends before they dispersed for Kinder in the Fall, and the girls constantly talk about their teachers and friends so I wanted to make it a priority.
When we pulled in the parking lot Georgia went from "I'm gonna give Elise a hug" to "I don't want to say hi to anyone. I'm not going to go!" GREAT...let's be honest, I wasn't surprised at all! So we all got out of the car, some happier than others, and made our way to E's class 1st.
She gave her teachers a hug and then kind of froze. When E gets shy she automatically starts messing with Hayes, Georgia or me. So she was all in Hayes' face while her friends were talking to her. Eventually on the playground she loosened up and they all played together..even the boys were fighting over who got to push her on the swings! We ran into my other friend Lisa and got to chat a bit before the Easter egg hunts. I miss seeing her, Mason and Kendall..maybe a beach trip this summer!?! Then we finally found Ms. Craft and Ms. Clarke on the playground..G had to be shoved in the door. She had a hooded jacket on and wouldn't take it off. When anyone would ask her a question she would just reply with a gruff "NO". It was lovely! She made quite an impression, as usual!
For lunch we met up with Lisa, Leslie and Cambrie at Bigz, another fun outdoor restaurant. It was a gorgeous day and the perfect time to hang with great friends.
SO a little side story: my kids always ask to go to the restroom everywhere we are..of course as soon as we walk in they ask, so we go..about 20 minutes later, E asks again. I say 'no, you just went'. She walks off. I turn around to scan the turf yard where the kids are playing and see off in the distance behind a skinny tree my 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER with her blue jeans around her ankles squatting to relieve herself. SERIOUSLY.
We are at an actual restaurant..at the lunch hour! Now thank goodness school is in, because it wasn't very crowded, but there was 2 boys playing soccer. So I turn to my friends and ask them to look over to see if I did indeed see what I thought I saw! An erruption of laughter and mouth gaping occured. Dang, it was happening..so I ask them what I should do, eventhough I knew what I was going to do already...IGNORE HER!
Yes, I ignored her and cautiously looked at all the other patrons to see if anyone else sees what we see. I think we were safe. WHEW!
E strolls up a little later and I question her about "the incident"..she said she had to go! So I explained to her why that isn't appropriate, all the reasons it isn't appropriate, and that was that. I texted Daniel and told him I guess it was time to really crack down {HAHA} on letting them go potty in the backyard..there is some obvious confusion going on!
And for anyone thinking I shouldn't be writing these embarrassing stories on here, I will just say that she shouldn't be doing them then! I have plans for these stories, you see..
I already envision a Saturday night, 10 years from now, when E brings home a new boyfriend, I will simply lay a blogbook in his lap and let them thumb through the stories & pictures together! It will be priceless! :)
Why, yes..that is why I blog! Thanks for asking!

No comments: