Thursday, June 7, 2012

Memorial Day Fun

Our friends, The Paynes, from Corpus came to visit for the holiday weekend! Our girls love Julie so they were super thrilled when she pulled up!My Patriotic wreath! I was excited to make something from supplies I had all at my house. Start to finish it took me an hour. I'm satisfied with it and it was kindof fun to make..I used a screwdriver to force the fabric into the wreath!We had corn in the pool! Hayes loves corn and he loves swimming. So why not do them at the same time, right?! We spent majority of our days in the pool, outside snacking, jumping on the trampoline and running through sprinklers!Emmaline spoke up and let me know, "Julie's mom has better snacks than you do!" OK..so seriously my feelings were a little hurt. A week later I went to the store and bought the exact same 'cookies' that she had (Fig Newton crisps) and I got the 'eew face' and found them crumbled in the playroom. REALLY?? We also ate lots of watermelon! It is delicious and refreshing and so fun and messy to eat! So we ate in bathing suits, of course! We had a great visit with the Paynes again and stayed up late playing games. Chilling in the pool after the kids went to bed and watching UFC from the pool was a definite highlight!

No comments: