Tuesday, August 14, 2012

4 it is!

If you read my very brief previous post you may have guessed that we will be going from 3 to 4 sweet babies early next year. This was our first sign..which had me scheming on how to break the news to Daddy! So I had to make these..still need to add the finishing touches but he got the point! A little shocked, yes, but not really shocked. I mean it was planned! He made quick work of his contacts from the hospital and got me an appointment so we could see "Cuatro" (a little nickname) and get a due date. I don't have any sonogram pics but I did get to see the baby, hear the heartbeat at 173 and see it moving around. So today I am 13 weeks and my due date is February 17, 2013. Emmaline loves to tell people, "my mommy is going to have a baby and it will be born on Valentine's Day!" So far this pregnancy I have been more nauseous than I remember being during any other pregnancy. I am tired as usual and my appetite hasn't really changed. I am finally feeling better and can see the energy returning so I hope each day gets better! If I had to guess I would say a girl, like most people guess, but really don't know that I care either way. I have reasons for wanting both. I do think a brother for Hayes would be great, easier and cheaper! HA!! That kindof sounds worse written down than in my head...What I do know is this little guy needs to be a big brother! Our plan right now is to not find out the sex until the birth..I am already dying to know but think waiting it out will be so exciting. Now if I could just get Daniel to start playing the name game with me all would be well! I am really trying to enjoy this pregnancy as it will more than likely be my last - read: we are done at 4! - my dr. has still warned me she will be testing for gestational diabetes early and multiple times, so I'm not thrilled about that, but I do want me and the baby to be healthy! A last quick story: while in CS at my parents' house the girls were talking with my dad. Emmaline gave my dad a kiss good night on his cheek. And in true Georgia fashion, Georgia said, "Pop, kiss on the lips!" and leaned over and kissed him. Emmaline said with a horrified voice, "Georgia!" Georgia quickly replied, "I'm not gonna have a baby, Emma!" - my dad said both girls seemed a bit unsure though. Apparently if you kiss on the lips, you will have a baby..I guess we'll have to clear things up one day soon!This big girl is less than 2 days away from being in Kindergarten..She is ready and excited. We meet her teacher this evening..I am just mourning the loss of my lazy mornings. So, if 4's a party, then let's get this party started!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Yayyy for 4 listi littles to love! So stinkin excited! Love you all!

SaudiExpat said...

CONGRATS!!!! So excited for y'all!!!!!
Julz Hall (Brooks)