Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1st day of MDO for HB & G!!

Today was the day I dropped off my babies for 3 hours at school. It was Hayes' 1st time going to Mother's Day Out, but luckily Georgia is an old pro. She marched right in placing all her items where they belonged and took a seat next to her friends and started making playdough! So one kiddo down, no tears, and one to go. Hayes was so proud toting around his lunch box. His sweet teacher was showing him where to put his backpack and he was answering her and was so cute! What a big boy..and all of a sudden it seems! She asked if he wanted to put his lunchbox in the bin and he said "NO!" clutching it tightly, so we moved on to his room. He was fine at this point, no tears all smiles. We chatted a bit and then I said, well, I'm gonna go...so Hayes waves and says, "Bye" to his teacher...ummmm confusion...No sweet boy, you're staying! Then the tears. I felt bad for my baby, but I knew he would have so much fun! And Georgia said she would protect him! The teacher distracted him with playdough and he stopped crying before I left. I love that they are going to the same school. And that they will see eachother on the playground and in the hall. It's a nice, small school and it's where we go to MOPS so it is familiar to them. I love their teachers and know it is a great starting point for them both. Hayes has 5 kids in his class and Georgia has 8. This is really the biggest deal for us regarding Hayes in school: Mrs. Tarin, HB's teacher, also was on board for no pacifier!!!!! YEA!!! So we don't even send one..just another step closer to no pac! My goal is by Christmas to have it gone..maybe before.. Hayes' teacher said he had a wonderful week of school, was so sweet and happy all day! Hayes goes 2 days a week while Georgia goes 3. Hayes has also become independent real quick. He loves to 'do it myself' and 'I buckle' his carseat. He also wants to do his own shoes and socks. I'm thinking it's about time to move to a toddler bed..probably when we move to the new house. It is so fun watching Hayes become a big boy and learning all the new things he says and does! Georgia has Mrs. Christine, a friend of mine from MOPS. She is seriously the most patient person I know and has that teacher quality - the one where she is always in teacher mode with her voice and what she says and does. It's amazing! Georgia has been a great big sister lately! She loves taking on the role of being the only big sister. She now can unbuckle her own carseat (most of the time) and then will unbuckle Hayes. She helps put his shoes and socks on and tried to change his diaper and clothes, but he usually resists that by screaming. She also loves to comb his hair and tries to brush his teeth (he doesn't allow the teeth brushing)! They have become closer and play well together. I love seeing that of course and am happy they have that time together to form their own relationship! I am so happy they both had a great day at school! Georgia said Hayes was following her on the playground. While I was in the line to pickup I got to watch them play and he was infact following her around while she pedaled her trike. It's fun because they get to play with all the classes at the end of the day and we know a lot of the kids that attend Lambs of God. Here's to a great 1st week at school for my littles!! I'm so proud of how well they transitioned to a new school!

No comments: