Sunday, August 26, 2012

Firsts for Hayes

Little bitty Hayes finally got a real haircut. {these 2 pics are before the haircut} While I was in CS I knew it was time. His hair was wild and long and it is losing its curl. I wasn't really afraid of it being cut, I just was afraid of hating it so much. I took the girls and Hayes and we went to the only place in town I know of that is kid-friendly. It has a car to sit in while you get cut and a tv to watch cartoons. What is there not to like? Hayes was all smiles about the thought of a haircut. Unfortunately, we had to wait like 20 minutes for our turn, then as soon as we walk to the back and I attempt to sit him in the car...TEARS! Screams of NOOOO! He was gripping me so tight I couldn't get free. We tried a sucker. He took it but the thrashing and yelling continued. Oh dear..really. All the meanwhile his sisters are loving it and giggling and trying to talk him down. None of it was helping. So I did what most people would do, I held him on my hip through the entire haircut. That is what most people would do, right??! At this point I didn't really care what his hair looked like I just wanted her to cut it shorter. She was quick and nice and did a good job considering what she was working with. I gave her a good tip. You know when you have this idea in your mind's eye of what a certain circumstance is going to be like. I was going to take pictures. I knew Hayes was gonna have tears in his eyes, but not crying, smiling sitting in the car with his sucker was how it was supposed to go... Instead, I was thinking...just get this over with...fast! She took a little too much off the front, I like it long, but the rest I was really happy with. And it still curls up nicely!!! We went to my dad's store afterwards and Michael, my brother, said, "Wow, his hair is really long!" HA! Ummmm, he just got a hair cut, you should have seen it before! And for record sake, I think I already wrote this, but I did cut Hayes' hair a few months ago, maybe around Easter. All I did was cut off with one snip his little rattail that was trailing down his back, nothing on the sides. I count this as his 1st haircut! Hayes also got to ride a carousel for the 1st time. We took a family trip to the mall for one of Daniel's work functions. That sounds random, I know..Anyways, they have a huge carousel there in the food court, so of course the girls went crazy. It only cost $2 per kid to ride and nothing for adults. That seemed cheap. So we caved and it was fun! Here are a few quick pictures from my phone, so they aren't great, but as you can tell Hayes loved it!! You could see he felt like such a big boy! It was a fun afternoon where we also saw Daniel's robot from the hospital and met some of his doctors. There is also a playarea in the mall the kids loved and could have spent hours there!I know Hayes has had more firsts lately, but these were 2 that stood out and I had pics of! I love this picture of Daniel and Hayes! So sweet to see these boys who look so much alike having fun together! Stay tuned this week...Hayes goes to school for the 1st time ever!!! I might be a little excited to have some free time!!!!!!!

No comments: