Friday, August 17, 2012

Emmaline's first day of Kinder!

So, it happened! My baby girl went to school, for 7 hours, for the 1st time this week! What a big day. She was ready. I was ready. No big deal, right?! Really it wasn't that big of a deal, but those first 5 years just fly by before your eyes. Before we knew it, Daniel and I found ourselves at Meet the Teacher night. We looked at eachother and Daniel said, "this is wild. How did we get here so fast?" Of course, on the big morning there were some nerves. Emmaline was at my bedside at 7 sharp telling me to get up and that it's time for her 1st day of school! I'm so thankful that she likes her uniform and is a morning person. I don't know if we would ever make it out of the house on time if she wasn't! Daniel stayed with G & H while me and Emmaline took of the less than 2 miles to school! She was smiling but nervous. We parked and walked hand in hand down the path through the gate to the classrooms. She looked up at me and said, "I'm scared. I don't want to go.." I told her in my best big girl voice, "It's ok to be scared. Everyone gets nervous doing new things. Mommy is nervous and I bet your teacher is too. You are going to have so much fun and I will be back in a few hours to get you!" She smiled and we squeezed hands. She walked in the door by herself and followed her teacher's directions to unload her lunch and find her seat. I was so happy she was smiling and answering questions. When she gets shy she usually won't talk much. Her teacher, Mrs. Brooke Newman, had sat her at a table with a cute little girl who you could tell has a big personality! It was finally time to pick her up. Georgia wanted to go in to get her, so we parked and walked the 10 steps across the street. Hayes ran over to her with his arms spread out for a big hug! He still loves yelling, "SEEESTA!" She said, "Mom, I love school! I want to go back everyday that I can!" So thankful she loves it and can't wait to see how she grows and changes this year! We hit up Sonic happy hour for some slushes and got her teachers a gift card to say thank you! She made them a card with their names on it. SUCCESS!

1 comment:

Sullivans said...

Love this ! Great!