Sunday, August 26, 2012

Belle Camp & other CS fun

Emmaline attended Bengal Belle Dance Camp this year for the 1st time. The Bengal Belles are my highschool drill team (clarifying that I wasn't on drill team, if anyone could ever be confused about that) and they put on this camp annually. Emmaline kept telling people she was going to the Jingle Bell camp! CUTE! My parents signed her up and she was excited. Georgia declined and opted to stay with MaMa instead! A few of my friends were sending their daughters so E knew some people. The camp was held in my middle school gym, where I spent countless hours, so it was crazy how it still looked and smelled the same. Even some of the classrooms had the same subjects being taught all these years later. I also saw sooo many people I went to school with. Interesting little reunion for sure. Emmaline liked it ok. She likes doing all the dancing and playing and crafting. The part she isn't interested in is performing in front of people. I didn't have the heart (completely) to tell her that is what it involves pretty much all the time. She tried to tell me she didn't have to go to the performance part on the last day of camp. I told her she was going to stick it out and that was the only way she was getting her trophy. She was sold at that moment. There were so many girls in her group and she was in the back so I couldn't hardly get any pictures, but she did do the dance moves and smiled so I was proud. And her giddiness when they called out her name and she got her 1st trophy was priceless. While in CS we also spent a lot of time at the pool! Georgia is doing so well swimming now and can go a ways by herself. She is stuck at not being able to take a breath in midswim, so that still throws her off, but otherwise she is good! As of now we are still planning on getting a fence around our pool in the new house. I want the kids to be able to go in the backyard without me to jump on the trampoline or swing, etc. Emmaline did some school work with MaMa and enjoyed it. I told my mom she should move to the RGV and homeschool E. She laughed like it was a joke. Now I'm stuck on my 8-3 Monday - Friday schedule for life! OH well, at least Emmaline loves school and is a morning person! My mom found 3 train tables at garage sales. So she kept one, we took one and we gave one to Autumn & Hoyt. All 3 kids love it and I'm so excited about HB getting to grow with this toy and enjoy it for years! The kids also love my parents' piano, another item my parents want me to take to my house..I'm not ready for that noise level yet. I did take lessons when I was young on that piano and wish I was better. We had a great time visiting friends and playing across Texas before school started!

No comments: