Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Torres family is moving!

Our friends from San Antonio, the Torres family, are moving. Not just, up to Dallas or back to their home state to Tennessee, but to New York! Crazy, I know! Amanda was one of the 1st moms I met when I moved to SA and her girls and mine got along wonderfully from day one! She has always been so kind, outgoing & fun. We had a blast at her Chrismas parties and GNOs. I will definitely miss that! Before they moved, she and her family came down this way to spend some time with hubby's family. They stayed in McAllen so decided to do dinner and pooltime at their hotel one night. We ate at BJs, one of our old faves from SA, and got to chat and enjoy dinner despite the 6 kids that were so excited to see eachother! After dinner we went back to their hotel and changed the kids to swimsuits and headed to the indoor pool! It was a fun night and I am so glad we got to say goodbye to the Torres family. I do hope we can visit them in NYC, maybe a girls' weekend!?! Or at least will see them in SA when they visit. Amanda is a MOPS field leader, so she planned a RGV MOPS meetup for Saturday morning. I was looking forward to having a few hours to myself with moms and breakfast, but then Daniel had to work, so I went to support her with my 3 kids.. hmmm..not really a great idea. I'm glad I went but it wasn't really fun trying to keep the kids happy doing nothing for an extended period of time in Starbucks. Good luck to Amanda and her family of 5! Update your blog so we can see all that snow you live in!!

No comments: