Friday, September 7, 2012

16 weeks and counting

Here I am on my 4th pregnancy and am 4 months into it. I will be going to the dr. next week but we won't be finding out the sex of the baby. YIKES! I am so torn about this. I know in the end the surprise will be worth it, but right now...I want to sneak a peek between those legs! My gut is telling me girl..most people tell me girl. Emmaline still swears it's a boy. Daniel's not talking. I would like to say something stupid like there is a chance it's a boy, but we all know that. I'm not convinced we are having a girl, but would be more surprised if they say 'it's a boy'! I more just want to discuss names...if Daniel would just give in..any suggestions?? I always saw myself with 2 girls and 2 boys. But how often do we get exactly what we want. Maybe that's the reason my gut is saying girl. Here are a few other reasons why I'm saying girl: I feel more like I did when I was pregnant with Emmaline - tired (though that has gotten better), I feel bigger like the weight is more spread out over my whole body (yes, that is as nice as it sounds), one day I felt like I wasn't really pregnant then BAM there's that belly! It was like overnight it popped out (same thing happened with E). I gained the most weight with E, so I am definitely hoping to not repeat that. To keep that under control when I go at 17 weeks to the dr. she is doing an early gestational diabetes test..BOO! I have been trying to do better and not eat as many carbs and sugar, but I haven't been working out as much as I should. But those test don't lie, maybe it will give me a month reprieve and won't detect anything just yet..There is hope. I didn't have gest. diabetes with E or HB. Other things going on with this pregnancy: The most exciting and notable...I have felt the baby move!! Just little tiny ones but since I'm a pro, I know who that is and am not fooled by gas bubbles! That is definitely my most favorite part of pregnancy and the one I will cherish and miss the most! I also will miss my belly that turns into a shelf..I love having a built in drink and snack holder! I still have to get up to go to the bathroom like 3 times a night. I can no longer do much on my stomach or have HB lay on me in his not so gentle way. I can wear regular clothes but maternity is much more comfortable. I would say from what I can tell that I am carrying low and more on the right (where I feel the baby move). I am so excited about the baby getting strong enough to kick where the kids can see my belly move! So far so good from this end. Just hoping all is healthy with me and baby at our upcoming appointments and that it gets a bit cooler! (here is another pic where you can see better..Hayes had to be in it!) We have company coming in for the Birthday and Hunting weekend! I tried to do a belly pic and it was ridiculous..you couldn't really tell anything so I will try again maybe when I'm wearing a dress I can pull tight and do it in the evening..my belly seems to double in size from the morning to after dinner! The girls say, "Mom, the baby is eating all your food! You should eat more!" OH and we finally closed on the house. Just a small step in reality to what we need to do to get in the house. I told Daniel we should audition to be on one of those renovation shows. It's birthday week...see you on the other side!

No comments: