Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Emmaline's Winter Dance Recital

Emmaline started taking beginning dance class from a lady, Miss Madeleine, who comes to her school once a week. It's called My First Dance and it's been really great for Emmaline and for me. I love not having to drive her around to and from another appointment, but she still gets to try out a new activity. Don't get me wrong, I would and do drive her around for extracurricular activites, but it's nice they offer this at her school! I simply pick her up one hour later than normal once a week. I have to say I was a bit disappointed at first there was only 2 other girls in her class, but I know she is getting great individual attention and she loves it. The other 2 girls have taken this class since they were 3 and are now in 1st grade and they aren't newbies like E, so she gets to learn from them and her teacher. The younger grades do have more girls in their class but she breaks them up by age. I am torn because I do love the idea of the beautiful tutus on a big stage with a bunch of little girls with buns in their hair, but this is what we are doing this year and I'm ultimately happy with my decision. Anyways, Emmaline has a "recital" in the winter and spring. They use one of the school's open rooms and host a little performance. It was fun, Emmaline was excited and she did SO good! Compared to her 'show' she put on after her week at dance camp in SA over a year ago, where she cried and didn't really do anything, she was spectacular!! HA!The teacher provided little tutus and a hair piece. I helped get her ready putting bobby pins in her bun and straightening her tights. She posed for pictures with her classmates and her teacher. She beamed and was trully thrilled to be there! That was all that mattered at that moment!They first did a dance to Sugarplum Fairies and then did a cute one to Dig that crazy Santa Claus. It was so fun to watch her expressions and she did well with the steps. We regularly go to her classes so I knew what she was supposed to do..she did it perfectly! I love how she is watching her friends and her teacher and trying so hard. I really was proud she came out with a smile, didn't seem too nervous and just did what she was supposed to do. I thought she looked beautiful with her big dimples. I let her wear lipgloss and blush which she loves to do! What a big girl and I love seeing her new confidence! Can't wait to see what they do for their big Spring Performance!

No comments: