Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Thanksgiving week in College Station

After our trip to Disney, which I will blog about soon, we headed straight to CS. I had a cold and felt yucky and so did Georgia, so I just wanted to get home to rest and sleep. Daniel had to fly back home for a few days and picked up the dogs. While we were gone the dogs were kenneled and Dixie had surgery on her front paw..they removed a growth that was causing her pain while walking. It came back negative for cancer so we are thankful for that and she is getting back to her wild self again!
We got there in time for dinner and to check out the remodeling my parents have done. We spent a few days seeing friends, eating at my favorite restaurants and shopping a bit.We spent the majority of our time outside, swinging, sliding, & tossing the ball for the dogs. The weather was great and it tired the kids out! It is funny how being just a bit north felt and looked so much more like Fall..the leaves were changing and the breeze was crisper. The girls were all over Hayes and the poor guy could hardly go down the slide or move without them being right there to help!
We spent one post lunch day in Downtown Bryan. We went to an antique store and then my dad treated us to icecream! The kids were a bit scary in the store...{don't touch anything} but loved the icecream and cool breeze!

Daniel and I went out on Thanksgiving eve to the bars..it was fun to see Mike and Rachel and lots of other people we hadn't seen in a long time! We even made our way over to Logan's, one of our favorite bars we spent hours at on Saturdays watching football and drinking huge, heavy beers! It was fun surprising people with my pregnancy..their expression was similar and they would say something like, Again..weren't you pregnant last time I saw you?We went over to the Wendler's who are moving to Dallas..so sad they won't be there when I go home..but it was lots of fun to see them, the Nortons, the Garretts, the McEwens and the Harms. The kids had so much fun together and the adults had time to chat! One reason I love going home!! Saturday was game day!! Daniel got lucky and was invited by Brad to the game. They had great seats, close parking pass and went out afterwards..I was jealous! At least Allison and Autumn came over and kept me company while we cheered on the Ags!!Here is Campbell, Georgia & Lauren playing.We went out to lunch on Tuesday after Natalie and Toodge had their ultrasound to determine the sex of baby S...It's a BOY!! It was very exciting and who doesn't love cookie cake!! I was surprised I must say..so was Natalie, but Jeff had thought boy from the beginning!
My parents took the kids to Santa's Wonderland! They had a blast..got to see all the lights, eat sweet snacks, play in snow, meet Frosty & take a hayride! I am thankful they took them to experience all the fun and we got to spend some time with old friends!We had a great time in CS as usual and it was nice to be homebound and relaxed instead of roaming across Texas. I made record time home on Sunday with one potty stop at 5.5 hours!! Not so bad just a bit boring..
Overall it was a great week. I missed seeing some people but got to see others I didn't expect to! Nothing like home sweet home. I do think Aggieland will always be home to me no matter where we go!

No comments: