Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Accident Prone Scaredy Cat

We ventured to the park in Forest and finally found it after a whirl around the lovely town.. it was nice.. a little creepy area of town with some suspect people around, but it was ok.. Emma went down a slide and totally face-planted! Poor thing had dirt and pieces of wood all over her face, dress & tights.. I felt so bad for her and it wouldn't come off. So now, just in time for Christmas pics, she has little cuts and scrapes on her face. Also, while we were there.. there was these little boys and anytime they would come near her she would freak out and start crying.. my poor, antisocial child. She needs to be around other kids and times like that make it so apparent! There have been numerous times like this, at a park, mall, the library, wherever we try to go. Ready to move!


The next day we are heading outside to play and the girls are all dressed up to take some Christmas pics (round 2). I have all my gear with me and am holding Georgia.. Emma is excited as usual and is running on the deck.. splat.. she face-plants again.. this time one of her scabs from the day before breaks open and there is blood. And it won't stop! How convenient.. you may think I am being selfish..true, but to get these girls dressed and both in the right picture taking mood is hard! So that effort was thwarted.
Emma is not only scared of small children, but bugs, ants, loud noises like the vacuum, men and animals that move or not, too! I am fearful to even get my hopes up about Santa's lap. I probably will, though.. a little torture is good for even the smallest child!
So I have an accident prone scaredy cat on my hands...what to do?? I am taking the "force them into the situation but be there for assurance and a hug" approach!

2 comments:

The Harms said...

Well, I hate to tell you, but Santa probably won't go over well. BUT, it's the age. Now, Kayden tried to rip the Easter Bunny's teeth out, so rest-assured, it will swing the other way.

Allison said...

We saw your mom at the mall the other day when we were taking santa pictures. Your best bet to get her to cooperate is to walk up to santa like he's your long lots best friend, give him a hug, ask him how he's been etc. and maybe she'll follow your lead! Good luck!