Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Emma's 1st swim lessons

This week we embarked on new waters...literally!
We signed Emma up for swim lessons and had our 1st go at it. At first she was a little hesitant and would tell her teacher "I don't want to right now!" (put her face in the water, blow bubbles, etc)Then, she got more comfortable, thank goodness, and was the kid who was yelling and waving to me, "Mom, I did it!", or tell her neighbor in the water, "That my baby Georgia over there!" Guess who was mad about being stuck in her stroller instead of in the water. She did kick her legs when the teacher would tell the class to!
Overall it was a success and she walked away happy and excited to go back! I wish I could say at the end of the 4 week class we will have a super swimmer, but I know better than that. I guess like most parenting things it is going to take time, effort and practice to get her where she needs to be to be safe in the water!I am glad we signed her up and are getting her more comfortable in the water. We decided not to spend the $ on Georgia's lessons just yet. I would have to be holding her in the water the whole time and I didn't think it was worth it..so we will just work on the same things that Emma is on our own time!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Oh my this is just too cute! Love the pics! Glad she did so well and enjoyed her time in the water! Cant wait to swim with the girls this summer! Send them my love