Monday, May 3, 2010

something borrowed, something BLUE?!?

After a quick weekend in CS, I am exhausted. I guess staying up way past my bedtime for a few nights in a row can really take its toll.
We got there late on Friday and pulled right in to Freebirds. I know there are Freebirds in other towns, but it just isn't the same. Does anyone else know what I mean?..Freebirds and Wings 'n' More are just 2 of the places that I really care to eat and crave but only when I am in CS. Saturday morning Daniel watched the girls while I headed out on the town..I had warned him before I left that Emma was under the weather a bit, with green diarrhea, but was seemingly feeling fine otherwise! He blew me off!
I got a text a few hours later (I was just a few minutes from home) saying "Emma had pooped all over the floor, literally." Then, followed by another text saying he "had got sick and thrown up twice while cleaning it up!"
I sent a message saying "ooh sorry" but I have to admit here and now I changed my course of direction and ran another errand, just so I would miss any and all of the clean up process! After a long day, including lunch at Wings 'n' More and a nap, we headed to a wedding shower for our friends, Brandon and Sara! It was great to see everyone and catch up.
We are running out of wedding showers and seem to be attending more baby showers nowadays. There were 3 pregnant friends there, lots of kids and I was later told talk of vasectomies! That made me laugh to think of where we have come from just a few years ago.
I really love that even after 11 years of being graduated from highschool we are still friends and get to make new friends with eachothers' spouses too!
We had pizza rolls at the shower, which was fun because Double Daves is where most of the guys worked at one time or another through college, including Daniel. Double Daves is basically how I met Daniel, because he worked with all my highschool friends there and they brought him to a party I was at!The girls had a lot of fun and were so worn out from the party and whole weekend. They slept basically the whole ride home which usually never happens. One of the reasons they were so tired is because Saturday night after my parents put them to bed, Emma had woken up, decided to go see Georgia and was trying to crawl in her crib. Luckily my parents heard her because she was moving a chair and it got stuck in the doorway and toppled over. When they went to check Emma was already in the crib hanging out with Georgia. My dad said they were just playing there together at 11 p.m. Then the next day we found a tube of lipstick in G's crib, that Emma had stolen out of my purse at some point and used to decorate a few things. It could have been worse, I guess.

So now I am a little leary of sleeping arrangements once the baby comes. That is consuming my thoughts and I keep going back and forth on where I want them to sleep. To keep the guest room or not, that is the question!

The other question is are we having a GIRL or BOY??? Will we need something BLUE or will we save money because we already have everything Pink you can imagine??!!
We finally get to find out this Saturday!! So stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Loved seeing you! It was a fun weekend minus green poop!