Wednesday, May 12, 2010

livin' on a prayer

WHOOOOOAAAAAA..we're half way there!!
WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yes, most days I am livin' on a prayer..but wow here we are at 21 weeks and counting. This pregnancy has gone by pretty fast so far and I am feeling good. I can't keep the Bon Jovi song from playing in my head when I think about it for some reason..but I do love that song!
Once we found out we were having a boy, I felt I could move on to more fun things like the nursery, names and stressing about which child would sleep where.
I haven't taken any pics of myself throughout this pregnancy like I did with the girls so I thought I would do some while I had it on my mind. I really just started to show and am feeling larger..this 5.5 month stretch is when I gained the bulk of my weight during Georgia's pregnancy, so I am hoping I can contain myself in some way and not show up at the dr. in June with a surprising number! Let's not get into all those details, though!Some things on my mind that keep me up at night right now:
-the name of our 1st (and possibly/probably only son)
-where the kids will sleep, will the girls share a room, etc.
-what theme, colors to do in the nursery
-will I get gestational diabetes again and if so will it all play out as well as it did last time
-Emma's speech lessons, are they working, are we where we should be
-what I am going to do all summer with the girls in no scheduled activities (MDO)

One thing we did today was head to Landa Park. I love going to Landa Park. I always think it is too far there and such, but it really doesn't take that long and it is so worth it every single time I go. We went with 4 moms and 8 kids. We did it all and then some..We started out at the playground, swings and picnic tables. We had lunch and then headed to ride the train, which I think was a highlight for everyone. The conductor was so cute and took our picture, he asked if we "were a school or did they all belong to us?" and he would slow down to toss the expecting squirrels a nut..for real!Then, we headed to feed the ducks. The kids liked this, of course, but were getting all muddy and almost falling or walking into the water. It was cute to hear them all "quacking" (the kids not the ducks). Finally, we decided to venture over to the wading/swimming area. The moms had to get into the water with the kids mainly because of the under 2 year olds, but it was ok because it was on the hot side. This was my favorite part. I love the natural river water and the rock bottom. The girls loved it and didn't seem to mind how cold it was. Emma was practicing her swim lesson moves and Georgia would pick up handfuls of rocks and chunk them.
I can't wait to go back and hopefully get more pics. I was too afraid to drop my camera in the water, but G is something cute in her bathing suit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you look ADORABLE!!! Hope to see you soon!