Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday Cake



Emmaline wanted a Sleeping Beauty party, so I decided to surprise her with a Sleeping Beauty birthday cake! I was super excited about it, and I love the way it turned out! We also made lots of cupcakes..they were bright blue to offset all the pretty pink on the cake. I started off making the cake layers ahead of time so that on the night before the party all I had to do was assemble and ice the cake. It definitely helped speed things along. Sherry and Natalie helped with the icing, design and assembly of the cake. I have to be honest and say Natalie did most of the swooshing! She is a natural! Get on Etsy, girl!
Anyway, here is the final masterpiece.Emmaline said it was her favorite part of her party.
I loved being able to bring in the cake and see her expression! It was definitely worth all the meticulous beading of the pearls on her gown!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey girl! Its Ashley from MOPS! I just found your blog so now I can "follow" you. Love your blog...and that party looks so fun! Every little girl needs a Barbie cake ;) Check out my blog...

forthischildiprayed-ashley.blogspot.com