Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Favors & Invitation


Ok, so this is the last party post I am doing..promise..
I really wanted to do her invitations on a cute recipe card but I totally underestimated how hard they are to find..period..not even cute ones, just regular old recipe cards.
Anyway, I decided to just make my own and found some cute cooking themed paper and forgot about the whole recipe thing..I do love how they turned out..cute, simple, yet girly!
On to the party favors..I know I touched on the aprons before but I wanted to show a few more pics. Me, my mom and Natalie sewed the aprons, we added coordinating ribbon and my friend, Jillian monogrammed them. I love them and was suprised at how easy they were..I am inspired to keep sewing new things, and really glad to not sew anymore aprons for a long time!!The kids got to decorate and take home their chef hats as well.
Their boxes to take home were cupcake boxes painted with their initial on it. I added in homemade playdough, chapstick and a watercolor set.
This party was fun to plan and get ideas for! I had a hard time narrowing down the different activities to do, but am glad with how it turned out!
Seriously though, next time, I am just going to buy tons of Cascarones and have an egg themed party! They loved getting confetti everywhere!! I wish I had more pictures of that part but I was busy passing them out and seeing it all go down!Uncle Toodge & Natalie of course were with us every step of the way through the party, but one of the best and most fun things was the gift they gave E..it was a sweet, white, round picnic basket with a ruffle on the top filled with felt food..that she hand sewn and an adorable blanket to picnic on..E had the food out in the car and her and Georgie were sharing a lunch in the car before we hit Highway 21 back to SA..she said, 'what a fun surprise present' and couldn't wait to have a picnic..she was asleep with 'food' everywhere covered in her blanket not long after!! Thank you for a great gift and can't wait to have a 'real' picnic at home!! And I stole these pics off of Nat's Colley Blog..until we have our own!
Emmaline is already planning her 5th birthday party..she wants a pinata..sorry, sister..it's gonna be a while before we start up with all this again!! Now on to the rest of our life I have been putting on hold!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

look at you, Mrs. Betty Homemaker! This post makes me want to sew, maybe even some dresses for my little girl :)