Saturday, April 2, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

We headed to a little farm outside of Fredericksburg to pick strawberries last weekend! It was fun and the weather was perfect. The girls love picking and eating and getting to bring them home to make all sorts of yummy things..like milk shakes!! G ate way more strawberries than she was allowed! They give a big speech about not eating too many berries or you pay for them..Georgia just totally must have plugged her ears during that time! This farm is known for their peaches..hence the beautiful blossoms behind me and HB..I can't wait to go back in a month or so and pick some juicy peaches!!



What to do with all those berries?? Make jam, of course!! It is a bit thicker than I wanted but really yummy and the girls' prefer it on their waffles over syrup! I love Springtime..I just wish I could grow a garden worth a flip! Those 16 jars of jam will last us a good while which makes me so happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How FUN!!! I want to learn how to make jam, sounds yummy!
lisa