Saturday, April 9, 2011

What Emmaline's learning these days..

E is obsessed these days with learning new things..it seems she comes home from school or playing with friends and wants to learn to do something new. It is really fun to see her determination and how she reacts when things are harder than they appear! She got to pick a toy out at Toys R Us and picked a hoola hoop! They have been playing with them in her fitness class in various ways so she had been talking about one for a while! She was really excited! Here she is doing her thang!

I absolutely love her little shimmies she does at the end in an attempt to keep it going..she shakes her waist and her arms in little circles so fast!! Too cute! And what may have been even more cute was her smile when she watched the video!
When she gets frustrated she usually stamps her foot and clenches her fists..We have been trying to tell her it takes practice to get 'good' at something! I decided to show her how to position it and get it going..and after my pitiful try (it went around like 4 times) she said, "WOW, Mom, you are really good at hoola hooping!"
She also is in process of learning how to whistle. She is ok right now and can at least make noise come out..her daddy is teaching her this because it is another thing I am not good at! I guess I could relearn these things with her and then by the time HB is wanting to do them I would be AWESOME at them!! Right?? Practice makes perfect, or so I hear..

No comments: