Thursday, October 13, 2011

it's all rainbows over here..

until someone has an emergency and needs to call you know who...
You do know who, right???

9-1-1..yes, that's who..

Well, "isn't there a book out there for things we need to teach our kids" was the phrase I heard my husband say..in response to this little nugget during my day...

The girls' school had a firestation visit one day. They were super excited and so me and HB decided to join the fun!
At first I wasn't really impressed because all they did was put on their gear, talk a bit about 911 and let the kids walk around the truck. We almost left, until I realized they were getting the little babies through and back to their rooms to carry on with the rest of the 'tour'.
The firemen did the whole stop, drop, & roll thing, had a smoke detector go off and discussed having a plan.
They rode around with the lights & sirens blaring which got everyone's attention and the best part was when they hooked up the hose to the fire hydrant.
I had never seen that before..so I was pumped!! They cautioned the kids they may get wet...and they sprayed away! FUN!!
Then it made a rainbow...that was the highlight for sure! I always ask the girls what their favorite part of something was...the rainbow was it today!
So all the lovely thoughts of rainbows disappeared when the fireman again asked, what do we do when there's an emergency?
Emmaline joyfully (& loudly) exclaimed, "Call 9-9-1!"

Don't even think about it..I'm already writing the book 'things you should teach your kids'! Another best-selling author by a blog Mommy coming right up!

No comments: