Friday, October 14, 2011

weekend in CS

We finally got to go to CS for a longer weekend..when there really wasn't anything going on. It was nice to not have a long list of things to do and nice to not have to high-tail it home on Sunday afternoon (especially since I was so busy bowling)!
So we drove in Friday morning and ate at my favorite Mexican food spot right away, Coco Loco, with my dad. The girls were having a blast with the queso and let's just say HB had lots of beans to eat! Fun times!!
That evening was the Crosstown Showdown aka Consol-Bryan highschool football game.
It is always fun and is held at Kyle Field so I was excited to take the kids. The girls were little balls of excitement and Hayes never stopped moving!
He took his first big steps (at least 4) there and loved climbing up and down the bleachers! Between huge buckets of popcorn and all the crazy kids dressed up with mohawks and such, the girls never got tired!
We left at the end of the 3rd while Consol had control of the game. It was 10 when we got home and HB was pretty ready for bed but not fussy.
Saturday was a lazy day with football watching :) and playing outside in the baby pool. That seems to never get old! My mom snagged some new things at a garage sale for the kids: a pink Big Wheels!
AWESOME!!
Saturday after a good nap, I headed to Michael's to watch the Aggies BTHO Texas Tech...so excited we beat them! He and Rachel have it all set up with tvs everywhere. It was fun to hang out with friends and family there!! Later, we headed to Carney's to meet up with lots of other people. It was one of those unexpected wild & late nights.
I ended up sleeping at Michael's house and waking to the rain falling. I did not want to get out of bed.
Sunday, the girls and I went to brunch with Natalie and Jeffrey and then were going to do the Buddy Walk. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to rain. I felt so bad for everyone who put it together. We decided to head to the bowling alley instead.
Can I just say I wouldn't usually hang around in my workout clothes, especially with cute bowling shoes..I was just 'in the moment'..
It was so fun!! Emmaline ended up going to the movies with my mom, so it was just us with Georgia. My dad kept Hayes and I think they had a good time getting to hang out by themselves for once!
G did really good at bowling at first and then she kindof fizzled out.
She kept wondering where Emmaline was (thought she was playing in the gameroom without her). Once she got cotton candy it was all good!
Sunday afternoon we napped and had more Mexican food.
Monday we met up with Autumn, Hoyt, Pauline, Tai and Peyton at the park. It was lots of fun, great weather and fun to catch up on things. Autumn is just about to have Campbell so that is exciting!!
Tai loved to carry Hayes around and help him (so I didn't have to!!) and they all wore eachother out. We got lunch and baths before we hit the road to SA. It was a great weekend!
HB even snagged more adorable things from Hoyt, like these boots..just look at those thighs!!
Also, my cousin, Dan and Kendra, welcomed their 2nd baby, Olivia Paige, on Friday!! How fun!! Here is a pic of my mom's sister, Boom Boom (Dan's mom and his kids). They didn't find out the sex so it was even more of a surprise...I soooo want to do that...I'm just saying if I ever had another baby..

No comments: