Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

{I want to draw your attention to G in this picture. Look at that expression on her face and her hand placement square on her hips. And she would not even entertain the idea of sitting on the same haybale as her siblings! Typical.}
I love Fall and all the fun things there are to do. The smells of pumpkin & cinnamon and football always being on our tv! It is great..I just wish it was a bit cooler outside.
Our MOPS group took a trip to the Medina Pumpkin Patch last week. It was fun to carpool with our friends Anna & Lisa. The weather was actually decent that day and overcast which kept it cool until lunchtime. We also got to hang out with the Torres girls, including Godiva, their new puppy! They always have a fun time together. I love this particular patch because it is one of the cheaper ones and the admission price includes more activities.
The first thing we did was force the darlings to pose in the pumpkins before they got all grimy. It went ho-hum.
I was just so excited that G actually agreed to wear the dress I picked for her! It was a Pumpkin Patch miracle!
Then we were over all that pretty quickly, so we ran through the maze on our way to the 'symphony'.
The kids get to play instruments such as pumpkin shakers, triangles & spoons while we sing random songs. They tell stories & we listen on haybales. This always goes over well until someone is seen with a snack then they all are soooooo hungry!
After that, we headed to the Native American dancing & storytime. HB was flapping his hands to the music, but it bores me.
The barrel train was next and the moms decided to ride also.
I thought HB would like it and he did! The man driving the tractor was hauling ass and doing donuts. The kids were squealing and bouncing around and my tailbone will never be the same. The girls rode 3 more times and didn't seem to have the same issue as me.
I told them to just wait until they are mommies and they would understand!
We had to make a stop at the face painting booth where all the girls got theirs done and looked adorable for all of 10 minutes until it started to smear.
That was definitely $10 well spent.
It was now time for lunch at this point so we got a seat at the puppet show and ate some BBQ and PB&J. At this point the sun came out and it got warm. Thank goodness for iced tea! But the kids were ready to do more so we made a beeline for the petting zoo.
They had the sweetest baby pig and chicks.
G finally got brave enough to hold a chick!
The turkeys were flying around wildly and the goat almost ate Emmaline's dress off of her. How I missed that picture still escapes me. Oh right, probably because my son apparently isn't a fan of animals and clung so tight to me the entire time.
When we were brushing the horse, he was terrified. Poor thing. I don't know what is going on there...!
Finally, we picked up our free pumpkins and made another maze run and decided it was icecream time. They have the best apple icecream! YUM!
I made the mistake of getting waffle cones. It was melting out of all the cracks within seconds and we were all a sticky mess, but it was worth it! HB loved it of course and it staved off the tantrums long enough for us to take the hayride back to the car. It was a successful trip and a great day. The girls had a great time and loved telling Daddy all about it.

No comments: