Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wooly Bully

So apparently I have a bully on my hands. This has become evident a few times this week. First, at the park, there was a little boy, younger than G, who was trying to climb the stairs. Miss Thang just stood there legs spread out and her arms stretched across from pole to pole, saying "nope" as she would move to whichever side he tried to squeeze by. I was appalled and then as I was trying to nicely intervene and get her to move, she just blatantly ignored me and stood her ground. I was holding Hayes in my arms so I couldn't quite snatch her up like I wanted to, but I managed to eventually drag her off the playset, apologizing to the kid and parent, and try and set her straight.
Well, it went pretty much as most things do with her...read:
"Georgia, that is not nice to block that little boy from the stairs. He wants to play too."
"OOOHHH, ok!" - smiling and then she runs off.
Like she just now realized what she was doing was wrong and if she had only known before it would have never occurred. I hear this all the time and it is always accompanied with a smile. "OOHH, ok!" Second, we were at an office and this little boy came and sat next to her, obviously wanting to play or chat, and G looks at me with a disgusted face and pouty lips, "I don't like that boy. I don't want him to sit by me! HHMMM!!" - crossing her arms and glaring at him from her eyes cut to the side. Of course she can't leave it at that, so she continues to point and say out loud that she doesn't like him, she isn't going to play with him and she wants him to move!
Isn't she lovely?!In the way of our family, she has made Hayes bleed this week from scratching him, though she usually is nice enough..but I think she has learned the 'no tolerance' policy on this one. She also brings Emmaline to tears on a regular basis. Daniel and I now tell Emmaline she is the Big Sister and needs to take a stand. Yeah, we tell her to fight back. I know, not the best idea, but something has got to give. So young, cute and blonde, but so not innocent! We aren't fooled...anymore that is..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!!!

Allison said...

Lauren kicked a baby in the head today becuase he was trying to pull up on my leg and said "that's not YOUR mommy" Territorial.