Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hayes Bryant is 4 months


I am loving this 4 month old little boy I have. He is so much fun and so much work, but it is so worth it. He is smiling more each day. He is trying to sit up by himself and can almost get there. He is definitely getting more interesting in what is going on around him. He is cooing, laughing, blowing bubbles and making potty noises..he must be a true boy. Emmaline is in this stage where she thinks and talks about the potty a lot so she thinks that is hilarious. Hayes hasn't rolled over yet, but can almost do it both ways. He can go over to his side though. He loves his Johnny Jump-up where he really gets bouncing and his high chair that he sits at with us during dinner. Really he enjoys anything for a little while, usually in 10-15 minute time spans. I think his favorite thing is his sisters (mainly Emmaline, I think G scares him a little) talking to him and them having little conversations..he just smiles and flirts right back. He also smiles and bats his big blue eyes at most ladies when we are out also.He wears size 2 diapers, but I think is ready for 3 our next time we buy them. He fits best in 6-9 month clothes, but can still wear some 3-6 months. I still nurse him almost exclusively but have introduced some rice cereal and bananas. He has taken a bottle more after the Cotton Bowl weekend and it is my goal to give him at least one a day.
We are not really on any schedule, though he usually takes a long morning nap and goes to bed around 10 at night. He will cat nap the rest of the day between feedings and playtime. He was sleeping through the night but got sick this last month and that has now unfortunately stopped. I am hoping he will pick it back up soon. He had an ear infection in one ear and took antibiotics to clear it up. Luckily, it didn't seem to affect his floppy trachea or cause any respiratory problems. We will go to the ENT in a few weeks to get it looked at to see what to do next. Hopefully he will outgrow it as he gets bigger and stronger. He is usually just waking up once or twice to eat quickly and back to bed.
He weighed 15 lbs 12 oz today and is in the 75th% and is 26.5 inches long and in the 95th%. His head circumference is 42 cm and is in the 40th%. The doctor says he looks strong & healthy!Hayes started to go to a little nursery at Oak Hills Church one time a week while I am in my Beth Moore Bible study. I think it will be great for him. I walked in to get him and he was swinging fast, just smiling and kicking his little chubby legs! They said how cute he is and how happy!! I don't think you can ever hear that too much!I think my favorite thing that has happened this month is him sitting in the high chair. He seems like he is such a big boy and I love that he is more a part of our family activities. His blonde hair is growing on the top lots! I am also loving him snuggling me! What a sweet boy..I am stealing all the kisses I can!

No comments: