Monday, January 31, 2011

Nae-kid

Little Hayes is getting so chubby and round! I am loving it! He has really picked up on solid foods and gets them preferably twice a day, but sometimes 1 or 3 depending on what we have going on. We are already mixing up different flavors and he seems to love sweet potatoes and pears mixed with either rice cereal or barley. I try to make my own food but haven't set aside any time to do this yet so I have bought majority of it so far. Of course the sweet potatoes and bananas are easy to do our your own. I am excited about trying him on avocado next. We also got him some prunes to help ease digestion..all this food seemed to stop him up a bit..makes me wonder if I am feeding him too much too fast or if something particular is the culprit.Either way, he is tolerating it all fine and really gets excited to sit at the table with us to eat! So far he eats: sweet potatoes, pears, bananas, carrots, apples, prunes, rice cereal, barley, & oatmeal.
I also got him a sippy cup but he is a little slower at figuring it out. He wants to drink it but can't seem to wrap his lips around it to make it work. Practice makes perfect!!He goes to his ENT appt. on Thursday afternoon, so I am praying that all goes smoothly and the dr is able to figure out what is going on and the best way to deal with it!! Please do the same if you would!

No comments: