Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hayes Bryant is 18 months!!

So my little man is a year and a half old today! I am trying my best to keep him the baby of our family, but he is getting so big and saying and doing new things everyday. Ummph. What to do?
*Hayes likes to use his utensils to feed himself (he does decently with them too)
*HB calls his sisters by their names at times and likes to yell it at them
*He wears size 6 shoe, 18-2T clothes, size 4 diapers!
*He weighs about 27 pounds and is about 33.6 inches tall (my measurements). At the dr. he weighed 25.7 lbs. and was 34.5 inches. Hayes is in the 90th % for his height and 50th % for weight (tall and thin like his Daddy!)!
*Hayes doesn't seem to like meat much and usually pushes it away or throws it on the floor. He will eat chicken nuggets, hotdogs and some sausage though.
*He loves most fruits and eats peas & carrots well.
*Hayes has found the art of dipping and LOVES it! He will eat foods he wouldn't normally eat with some dip on it - ranch, italian, salsa, ketchup, etc. He is quite the double dipper, but will shake the item over the bowl so the excess drips off!
It is serious stuff!
*He has figured out how to drive the battery operated Barbie Jeep - he can't control it but he can push the pedal and run into things! It makes outside time more interesting for sure!
*HB is telling me when he goes poo-poo sometimes. He doesn't want for me to change him though and runs from me. The other night before I could put a diaper on him after the bath he started going and I caught him and tossed him on the potty..He was not loving it..but he did continue to go..Me and the girls cheered him on, we flushed it down and waved Bye, sang potty songs and gave him a sucker! He LOVED that part so we will have to see if this summer he is more ready..boys love doing their business outside, right?!
*Hayes likes to draw with markers and crayons and did his first fingerpainting the other day. He likes to eat glue also!
*HB still loves his paci, his blankies and will fold his hands and say Amen at the end of prayers at night.
*Hayes went to see his first movie, The Lorax, and made it through all but 15 minutes. He was happy til he finished the popcorn, lemonade and some jelly beans, then he was ready to climb the stairs and play with the running lights! (I wouldn't normally take a kid that young to the movies, but desperate times..I had a birthday girl to make happy!!)
*Hayes is attempting to say lots of words and mimics us all the time..you have to kindof guess what it is though..he loves to grunt and point too! {book, truck, boot, please are all new}
*HB can reach the bathroom sinks and loves to 'wash' his hands. He can also reach the kitchen counter edge and refrigerator water and ice machine..It is a mess!
*Hayes' hair is so blonde and long when wet and still has some curl to it..I don't plan on cutting it anytime soon...I love it!! He does like to run his fingers through it when he is messy and sticky from eating. Then it really sticks up crazy.
*He loves to dance, sing and clap his hands to music. He has the funniest dance where he crouches down kindof like a sumo wrestler. He also loves to spin around and get dizzy. He dances in his highchair all the time too! What a funny little guy!
*HB loves to throw balls (or anything) and has pretty good aim!
*Hayes can throw a mean fit and will toss himself on the ground and go limp. He will lay flat on his face and then peek over to see who's watching. He squeals a lot when the girls mess with him. Daddy hates it!
*He nods his head yes, when I ask him if he's Mommy's handsome man or Mommy's Big Boy. And when I ask for a kiss or sometimes I call them sugar pies (I don't know where that came from) he leans his head over for me to kiss and when he is feeling really sweet he will go in for an open mouthed one!
Hayes, you have made our last year and a half so special and fun! You make us laugh all the time and you know you are funny! You make me so proud to be your mom and I pray that you continue to be sweet and loving as you grow up to be a big boy! I also thank God he let me borrow you here on earth and that you grow to love him and let your light shine! love, Mommy (Mama' to him)

No comments: